The Lead Technical Representative represents Novelis at customers' manufacturing facilities. The incumbent serves as a two-way information conduit on customer rejects, issue resolution, quality performance & metrics, and updates to product requirements with the internal production & quality organizations.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset! We embrace diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and make breath through technology possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through numerous volunteer events. We also work with non-profit partners, local schools towards making communities safer, and growing recycling by consumers. Novelis also supports Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education initiatives. We operate in a strong and encouraging environment, with opportunities to be part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today!
Responsibilities & QualificationsQualifications
- Manage expectations at the plant level between Novelis and the Tier 1 supplier.
- Lead improvements in Wiki Quality surface standards for Class A material, as they are the most common non-conformances at Stampers.
- With the assistance of production subject areas, identify the root cause of the non-conformances.
- Coordinate acceptance of responsibility with respect to our obligations to the customer (quality and delivery).
- Initiate and coordinate the containment of non-conforming product at customer sites, manage the containment at warehouse & toll processors (manage mill resources that support containments)
- Coordinate temporary remedial actions at customer sites related to non-conformances (rework before or after stamping).
- Initiate actions to prevent & correct product quality non-conformances.
- Verify the implementation of preventive and corrective actions.
- Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions in addressing IATF/TS-16949 requirements, such as selection of special characteristics and, corrective and preventive actions.
- Implement and manage the Feed Forward Process on Novelis material.
- Coordinate communication with Account Team on Novelis material performance, issues, trends and implement Reference Panel System
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or Business, or other analytical field, and / or equivalent experience.
- Prefer five to ten years of experience in a large complex manufacturing environment, preferably aluminum, casting, rolling and / or recycling.
- Stamping and Blanking knowledge/background preferred. Along with knowledge of aluminum manufacturing process.
- Working understanding and practical application with aluminum alloys preferred
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing process and business policy and practices preferred
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills; ability to communicate, lead, and drive performance and change with all levels in the organization
- Desire to take initiative and develop a pro-active relationship with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Proven record of success and expanded responsibility within a growing and complex organization
- Must be flexible and able to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Matrix organization experience
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize workload; must be able to manage multiple tasks at once without sacrificing attention to detail
- SAP Experience
- Strong analytical skills with sophisticated proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to perform work accurately and independently
- Demonstrated problem solving skills: mastery of Structured Corrective Action Process: 8D
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate appropriately to peers, operators and senior managers. A willingness to take a leadership role within work team
Novelis' Global Corporate Headquarters is located in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta Georgia and employs approximately 250 people. It is co-located with Novelis' North America regional office which employs approximately 225 people. Supporting its 24 operations worldwide Novelis' corporate office is home to the executive leadership team and global functions that support the automotive beverage can and high-end specialties value streams. The City of Atlanta provides a diverse and family-friendly place to live with countless museums cultural organizations and educational institutions including the Georgia Aquarium Woodruff Arts Center CNN Center Georgia Tech and Mercedes-Benz Stadium. In the Atlanta area Novelis has strong community partnerships with Atlanta Habitat for Humanity GeorgiaFIRST and Agape Youth and Family Center in addition to many local museums and community groups. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.