Lead people and processes creating an environment where employees can contribute their best. Major areas of responsibility include hiring, training, workforce planning, coaching, developing and providing feedback to employees, continuous improvement of process and workflow, and two-way communications with employees. Promote and encourage a safe and professional environment in all areas supervised. As a Lean Supply Supervisor; this position drives implementation of lean supply management principles within the BU Laboratory network including materials/supplies movement and replenishment to point of use in the laboratory. Lead cycle count and daily replenishment routines, interacting with the laboratory staff to assure material availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates and promotes the Quest Diagnostics Behaviors and Values in order to contribute to the overall Vision, Goals and Strategy.
- Customer Focused
- United as One Team
- Performance Oriented
- Participates in the interview, selection and hiring of new employees that demonstrate Quest Behaviors.
- Establishes and cultivates an inclusive, motivational, enabling and performance oriented work environment through engagement, collaboration, and transparent communication.
- Drives an environment of continuous process improvement locally by engaging employees to implement ideas that will simplify and improve their work. Supports being united as one team on enterprise continuous improvement methodologies and initiatives as appropriate.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; Agile in managing concerns of internal and external customers and employees in a professional manner.
- Communicates and interacts regularly and transparently with employees; disseminates information in a timely manner.
- Responsible for performance oriented supervision, training, coaching, and developing new employees and all staff on all job duties, compliance, and annual competency requirements.
- Prepares employee schedules; monitors employee attendance and performance; maintains adequate departmental coverage; provides corrective action and counseling as required. Prepares and administers annual performance appraisals.
- Reinforces customer focused improvement by investigating, resolving, and responding to internal and external customer complaints efficiently and effectively using Everyday Excellence Principles.
- Organizes and leads projects both within the work group and with cross-functional groups, united as one team. Meets all deadlines assigned by manager. May be required to give presentations within business unit.
- Oversees safety, ergonomics, inventory, maintenance, and cleanliness of department (including upgrades)
- Manages daily departmental operations and workflow to meet Turn-around Time (TAT) requirements and/or deadlines.
- Regularly reviews departmental Procedure Manual and ensures compliance. Identifies the need for revisions and/or additional SOP's as indicated. Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures fiscal responsibilities of the department are met. This includes implementation of cost containment programs, management of overtime, and participation in standardization initiatives and needs assessment for capital expenditures.
- Works with Manager to analyze and manage a departmental budget for manpower and operational costs.
- Execute standard business processes for managing material flow for all facility types in assigned Region including Laboratories, RRL, PSC, IOP etc.
- Standardize business processes in receiving, shipping, warehousing, operations and laboratory replenishment planning across the laboratory and in concert with Corporate Standards.
- Participate in internal work teams in the continuous improvement of Supply replenishment processes focused overall cost and cycle time reduction.
- Conducts regular physical inventory and cycle counts to assure accuracy of on-hand inventories
- Coordinates inventories as required on remote sites (PSC, RRL etc.)
- Oversees local and/or remote supply points.
- Executes implementation of visual management tools (e.g. Kanban) and mistake-proof initiatives (Labels with Photos)
- Demonstrates organizational commitment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Supervises the frontline Lean Supply Staff.
Competencies for Success: The Lean Supply Supervisor will exhibit the LeadingQuest capabilities, Everyday Excellence Behaviors and possess the following competencies.
Leading Quest Capabilities:
-Know the Business
-Focus on the Customer
-Promote Strategic Alignment
-Collaboration with Others
-I am customer focused
-I am service driven
-I am professional
-I care about quality
-I am knowledgeable
-Developing Direct Reports
-Act with a Sense of Urgency/Importance