Come join our awesome team as an LPN at Elder Homestead We are offering generous retention incentive of $5,000.00 for full time! Earn up to $5,000.00
Elder Homestead is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
LPN Job Highlights:
• 403(b) Retirement Plan;
• Career scholarships;
• Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
About the job:
The LPN role shall perform in accordance with state and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization.
Our person centered care approach provides a low nurse to patient ratio, which allows you to make a real difference in the lives of those in your community. You will truly provide exceptional cares and clinical outcomes to your residents.
- Role models positive & open communication skills with all staff, customers, guests, residents and families.
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments.
- Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
- Accurately utilizes electronic systems of documentation as required per facility policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of practice.
- Maintain a current CPR Certification.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Ability to understand residents' charts, doctor's orders, residents' plan of care, medication orders.
- Must possess the ability to effectively gather clinical data in regards to resident status and condition.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- One year of experience in an assisted living.
At Elder Homestead, we are a welcoming senior living community that provides assisted living and memory care with 51 apartments. We are located in Minnetonka, MN, a beautiful suburban city known for its lovely Lake Minnetonka, and is home to several highly performing public schools. The value of our employees is indescribable. They make our residents feel protected, cared for, and at home with their unwavering kindness and shining attitudes. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and retirement plan to our employees so they know that we support them and their lives, inside and outside of work!
In our 2022 Great Place to Work survey, employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Create happiness with us, and join our team!
, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.