Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We're looking for a Line Operator to combine raw materials to produce finished products in our mulch and soil manufacturing facility.
What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Operate a computer controlled production system for multiple raw material ingredients that are processed in a mix room.
- Solve daily operations problems with limited supervision.
- Actively maintain good housekeeping standards in their assigned area
- Complete daily job checklists & equipment checks/calibrations to maintain quality.
- Maintain accurate records of raw materials, samples & equipment operations.
- Operate a forklift to transport materials.
- Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order.
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production procedures.
- Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift.
- Feed information akin to speed, shapes and sizes through the machine set up box.
- Place parts in semi-automated machines.
- Calibrate machines at the beginning of each shift.
- Recalibrate machines at the end of each shift.
- Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum running.
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation.
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out.
- Perform random tests to ensure accuracy.
- Perform safety checks on every machine.
- Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing periodic checks on output.
- Ensure stocks of needed materials are ready and available at all times.
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one plus years of production plant experience is preferred.
- Able to identify all materials used, detail oriented, follow safe practices and procedures, ability to read English and or follow directions.
- Able to work in a dusty environment, hot/cold/ rainy weather, lift 50 pounds, and be able to climb ladders and work on their feet for the entire day.
- Willingness to work mandatory overtime including weekends and holidays.
- Up to 34 paid days off each year
- 13 paid company holidays
- 12 paid vacation days (accrued monthly)
- 7 paid sick days (56 hours, accrued monthly)
- 2 community service days
- Three Medical plans to choose from with an option to participate in a health screening to earn substantial wellness incentives
- Basic PPO Plan
- Premium PPO Plan
- High Deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) Plan with a company contribution
- New hire benefits coverage begins within a month of your start date: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick Time
- Benefits are available to you, your spouse/domestic partner and your children
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and vesting
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from market value
- Fitness and nutrition reimbursements
- Adoption, fertility and surrogacy assistance
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave (4 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid)
- Tuition reimbursement for Professional Certifications, Associate and Bachelor degree programs, and Graduate degree programs
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
This job has expired.