Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation's leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Loss Analysis Specialist Sr.
The Loss Analysis Specialist, performs detailed reviews on the servicing file, after claims recoveries have completed, in order to determine losses and root causes, submit chargebacks to departments and vendors for avoidable losses, clear out appropriate balances on the loan and close the REO Workstation down.
- Performs a detailed review of the servicing file from date of default to final claim payment
- Reviews claim to determine if a supplemental claim is needed
- Performs a root cause analysis of the servicing file from date of default through final close out to ensure all regulatory and contractual requirements were adhered to
- Submits RCA (root cause analysis) chargebacks to vendors and departments as appropriate for avoidable losses incurred, providing detailed backup and answering any follow-up questions the business line may have
- Identifies contractual versus non-contractual loss; type of loss; and reconciliation of final accounting
- Sends requests and documents system to clear balances and close down REO Workstation
- Identifies missed steps, or steps outside the review and reporting process and flags in Director
- Assists in training new team members
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert for client and inter-departmental escalations
- Assists Supervisor with file assignments for the team, queue balancing
- Provides assistance to Loss Analysis Specialist I and II in resolving basic issues related to reviews, servicing guidelines, RCAs
- Serves as backup to the Supervisor for any requests within or outside the department
- Attends and provides input on calibration calls as needed
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years' experience in mortgage servicing (Preferably Claims)
- Demonstrated understanding of the Claims Process: Allowable items, filing process, documentation and time frame requirements, EOBs/AOPs, structure of the guarantee and investor risk
- Demonstrated understanding of the Default Servicing cycle & expertise in at least 1 other default department
- Experience reviewing process, data, documents with strong attention to detail
- Experience interpreting rules/guidelines and applying them appropriately to make a decision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem resolution and organizational skills
- Production and accuracy-oriented and be flexible to business needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you'll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.
This job has expired.