Location: El Paso, TX
Our Client is hiring for a Home Health LVN in the El Paso, TX area!
Job Summary: The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Title: Home Health LVN- Field Clinician
Location: Remote/ Field Work in El Paso, TX
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-6pm MST & On-call rotation
Length of Engagement: Contract
Rate: $26/ Hour
Job Responsibilities will Include:
1. Participates in on-call duties within the on-call rotation schedule, to include weekends as assigned.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and observance of Patient Rights and Notice of Privacy Practices.
3. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
4. Maintains a daily patient case load and point of care documentation levels, as per Agency standards.
5. Requires the availability of accepting patients during business hours (8 a.m. - 6 p.m.).
6. Requires updating the time card daily, as per company Policy.
7. Requires contacting patients the night before the scheduled visit to provide an arrival time within a two (2) hour window.
8. Requires obtaining pre-approval from direct supervisor for overtime.
9. Requires the ability to work flexible schedule to meet patient's needs.
10. Demonstrates personal responsibility with regard to attendance and punctuality.
11. Maintains privacy and confidentiality with regard to all patient, staff, and agency information.
12. Demonstrates flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to cooperate while working with others or in place of others, as necessary.
13. Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and cooperative manner.
14. Promotes the agency's image by adhering to the agency's dress code.
15. Performs all other related duties as assigned. The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
16. Provides direct patient care as defined in the state Nurse Practice Act and agency's policies.
17. Implements plan of care initiated by the Registered Nurse.
18. Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
19. Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
20. Participates in the coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, and Dietician) to the Registered Nurse and/or Clinical Supervisor.
21. Follows all infection control standard precautions and safety guidelines/standards as per agency policy.
22. Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
23. Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
24. Adheres to the Agency's Standard Operating Procedures as it relates to the submission of the documentation.
25. Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary.
26. Communicates with the physician regarding the patients' needs and reports any changes in the patients' condition; obtains/receives physician's orders as required.
27. Coordinates services and schedules with the Clinical Team Manager (CTM) and Clinical Team Coordinator (CTC/Scheduler) to include recommendations for additional home health care services for patients by the end of the work day.
1. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of current nursing practice, professional standards of care and state and federal regulations regarding home care.
2. Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, basic math skills, and nursing skills per competency checklist.
3. Evidence of independent nursing practice in delivering nursing care required.
4. Must be able to endure prolonged or considerable walking or standing
5. lift position or transfer patients in a proximate location; lift supplies and equipment
6. perform reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching.
7. Visual acuity and hearing, functional or corrected, to perform required nursing skills.
8. Complies with accepted professional standards and practices.
9. Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Outlook, and other e-mail systems.
10. Must be able to prioritize and communicate objectives clearly.
11. Experience working with electronic medical record application required.
12. Ability to interact productively with individuals and with multidisciplinary teams.
13. Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
14. Minimal two (2) years clinical experience preferable in a community home health or medical/surgical setting.
15. High school diploma or equivalent required.
16. Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program required.
17. Current unrestricted license in the state of Texas as a practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse required.
18. Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License and maintain personal auto insurance coverage in accordance with organization requirements.
19. Must have and maintain current CPR certification.
20. Physical and Mental Requirements: (check all that apply)
21. Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds (must be able to lift and transfer patients from one location to another, if necessary.
22. Ability to push/pull heavy objects using up to fifty (50) pounds of force.
23. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
24. Ability to stand for extended period of time.
25. Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery.
26. Ability to properly drive and operate a personal/company vehicle.
27. Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing.
28. Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex situations.
Uniform required and provided by employer
*COVID Vaccine Required*
*This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.*
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May work in patient homes under varying conditions with possible exposure to fumes, odors, pets, insects, rodents, blood, body fluids and infectious diseases; some exposures to inclement weather; rotating call and emergency call. In rare occasions, the work environment may involve abusive, combative or psychologically disturbed patient/family members. Requires ability to handle stress situations with calmness and courtesy at all time.*
Now that you have made it this far and spent 5 minutes of your life reading this posting, you HAVE to send me your resume, right? Good. I'm glad we're in agreement. Now send that resume to me at: email@example.com