PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To provide continuity of care of Residential Care Family Practice patients; to assist the provider with the entire patient visit (registration through discharge).
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to collect data, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Establishes and maintains communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and their significant other(s).
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the Residential Care Family Practice patient.
Duty 4: Collaborates with Physicians regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 5: Demonstrates accountability and leadership in performance to ensure quality of patient care and promotion of team collaboration.
Duty 6: Assists and performs other duties as assigned by management and/or the physician.
Duty 7: Demonstrates knowledge of department and management line of authority and follows proper line of communication.
Duty 8: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 9: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and compliance.
- Licensed by the Ohio Board of Nursing as a Licensed PracticalNurse
- Current BCLS card required
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state).You must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
- At least one year's experience in a hospital or a physician's office setting preferred
- EKG, phlebotomy, aerosol treatment experience preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate will be required to walk up to two hours a day, and sit for four hours a day. The individual must be able to lift 50 pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The associate must have good eye/hand coordination and fine finger dexterity. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.) *BVHS
This job has expired.