AZZ Specialty Welding
AZZ Specialty Welding (AZZ WSI LLC) is the worldwide leader in developing and delivering specialized installation and maintenance solutions through automated welding, weld cladding, and weld overlay technologies that extend the life and maximize the value of assets throughout the energy industry. Office located in Suwanee, Georgia
The Machinist must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed and then plan best sequence of operations. Set up and operate metal cutting machine tools & equipment. Primary duties will be the operation of CNC lathes and vertical milling centers, manual lathes, mills and bandsaws. Experience operating manual and CNC equipment (HAAS controller preferred) is required. Must be able to position work pieces and use many types of cutting tools and measurement tools to machine various size components to support all field jobs and capital (R&D) projects. Must have a working knowledge of gage and inspection tools to verify that all the customer specifications have been met.
High School Diploma and knowledge of basic machining principles is required. Certification or diploma from accredited technical institution specializing in Machine Tool Technology is also required OR 3 or more years' experience as a CNC/manual machinist.
Skills and experience:
- Prefer minimum 3 years' experience as CNC operator and manual machines
- Math - Basic Algebra, Geometry, & Trigonometry
- Blueprint reading
- Gage and inspection tools
- Basic machining principles
- CNC experience
- Experience with portable machine tools is a plus
- Machines parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Sharpen tools or select correct change inserts for machining specified materials
- Sets up, adjusts, or operates basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Measures, examines, or tests completed units to check for defects and ensures conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers
- Work with team members and supervisor on problem parts to reach resolution
- Must be able to perform tasks with minimal supervision
Work conditions are warehouse/shop facility day shift, unless field services are required. Field work is an industrial environment involving working in, but not limited to the proximity of industrial process equipment, confined spaces, elevated work areas and variable weather conditions. Physical Demands:
Manufacturing position; spends more than 2/3 of time standing, kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands, and reaching. Spends app. 1/3 of time walking and talking/hearing. Spends less than 1/3 of time positioning items weighing up to 50 lbs. (Lifting and moving of heavier items is achieved via overhead cranes). Generally requires clear vision at close distances.Recommended Skills
- Cutting Tool (Machining)
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Suwanee, GAJob Type
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
This job has expired.