Facility: JOE CORLEY PROCESSING CENTER
Pay: $18.78 hr
Bonus (if applicable):
H&W: $4.23 hr. This position is eligible to receive a Health & Welfare Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid up to 40 hours per week and not to exceed 2,080 hours per year.
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more) will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
Supervises mailroom activities, including the sorting and delivery of incoming mail, as well as the preparation and sending of outgoing mail.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the operational work flow of the facility mailroom to ensure efficiencies and adherence to company standards. Includes significant input into job performance evaluations of these positions, including development, retention and termination.
- Inspects and seals all outgoing detainee mail. Logs and inspects all detainee packages.
- Sorts, locates, opens, inspects and bundles all incoming detainee mail and publications.
- Distributes all inter-office mail for the facility departments.
- Documents, processes and files all incoming/outgoing mail denials.
- Logs and processes all incoming/outgoing legal, special, medial and certified mail.
- Operates postage machine and other mailroom office machines.
- Handles all problems and special requests that occur.
- May supervise the receipt and allocation of office supplies and other miscellaneous items for the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.