The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An Information Technology Consulting Company is seeking a Mainframe Tester in Chicago, IL.
Mainframe testing basically in COBOL, JCL, DB2 Database testing knowledge and SQL skills.
Skills & Requirements
• Should be knowledgeable to use ISPF, TSO, FileAid, and other mainframe tools
• Should be able to write simple Sort, IDCAMS and should be able to run batch jobs
• Should be able to analyse the COBOL, DB2 DB code when required.
• Should be able to independently handle task and deliver the assigned task in time.
• Analyze the requirements, technical design document and prepare test scenarios and test cases.
• Create test data to drive developed test cases.
• Execute test cases and raise defects using qTest, Identify and escalate risks and issues to leads and Managers.
• Daily status progress reporting to leads and Managers.
• Attend project calls and meetings.
• Should have good experience in qTest & Jira.
• Well versed with the different testing methodologies, techniques phases tools and can use the same as per the project requirement.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, ability to accept and deliver assistance to meet deadlines, self-directed, organized capable of multitasking.
• Should have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Should have good collaboration, teamwork skills.
• Knowledge of Insurance domain is beneficial
• Exposure to automation for Mainframe Testing
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.