For almost 200 years, PQ Corporation has envisioned the future of chemicals and catalysts through collaborative innovation, making products that touch all of us, every day.
- Cleaner Emissions - Our Catalysts and Refining Services products and solutions help companies produce vehicles with improved fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions.
- Better Care - Our products are critical ingredients in consumer applications that help make teeth brighter and skin softer
- Carbon-Free - With inorganic and carbon-free products, we contribute to improving the sustainability of our planet.
We are a leading global provider of specialty catalysts, chemicals, and services that enable environmental improvements, enhance consumer products, and increase personal safety.
Our Performance Chemicals division's Joliet, IL plant has an opening for a Maintenance Manager.
- We are not offering relocation or visa sponsorship for this role at this time.
- We are not using agencies for this role at this time.
In this role, the Maintenance Manager will work with the Site Manager and plant team ensure the safe operation of plant and associated equipment. You will ensure the assets run to meet business demands. Reporting against KPI's will also be important. The Maintenance Manager will ensure all aspects of administration are managed, liaising with operations and project engineering to deliver reliability and improvements. Investigating failures and opportunities and driving continuous improvement. This role will have ten (10) direct reports.
- Active participation and leading a safety culture where all are involved and HSE a true priority. Plant contact for HSE related activities.
- Monitor, manage and deliver against maintenance KPI's
- Ownership of plant systems relating to Management of Change, Safety performance, Monitoring systems, PTW
- Daily routine collation of performance data and work prioritizing and planning to maintain the site.
- Responsible for problem solving and troubleshooting of maintenance related failures. Making recommendations for continuous improvement and asset utilization.
- Work closely with operations and organize the plant to meet the needs of the weekly plan and co-ordinate daily maintenance requirements.
- Lead on planned maintenance days, work issue coordinator for the issue of safe systems of work and provide feedback and support to Unit managers.
- Serve as Maintenance representative for the Joliet plant, work with corporate maintenance reliability team.
- Communicate with Engineering, Sales, Quality and Customers to meet the needs of the customer.
- Responsible for managing R&M budget for the plant, including spare parts.
- Responsible for leading small capital improvements in the plant and coordinating execution of capital projects with corporate engineering.
The job holder will be able to manage a widely ranging and demanding workload. The work will always be a combination of planned activity and reactive unplanned work to assist the team.
Skills and Experience:
This job has expired.
- Ideally the job holder would have a degree or equivalent in a science or Engineering discipline
- The job holder requires a minimum of 5 years multi-disciplined plant experience. Having experience in a technical, supervisory or management role.
- An ability to make rapid, logical decisions based on priorities, often in stressful situations.
- A high level of organizational skill and ability to maintain systems is crucial to the role.
- The ability to communicate well at all levels, coach and deliver training to mechanical technicians and support staff is essential.
- The jobholder should have both an acquisitive nature and possess demonstrable troubleshooting skill in order to succeed in this role.