Plant Name: LaGrange Plastic - 802720
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
Repairs and maintains plastic injection molds, hot runner manifolds,. Uses hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring, testing equipment and blueprints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Perform and track all routine preventive maintenance on all production tools
- Repair molds as required by welding and machining
- Oversee all work and work orders for all molds
- Manage all SMED changes to production molds
- Organize all inserts in cabinets, and maintain cabinets
- Oversee all mold changes and reports
- Responsible for mold downtime and reports
- Direct fellow team members in daily work load
- Work with tooling vendors on repairs
- Maintain a safe inventory stock on mold parts. Initiates purchase order for parts
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Work daily with Quality department on defects
- Required to participate in on-call program and may be required to work additional hours as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Follows all safety rules and procedures and observes the operations to insure a safe environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years' experience in a maintenance of Can Assembly Presses within a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Maintenance and repair of waxers, scroll shears and Cone Top presses.
- Ability to interpret documents such as procedure manuals, blue prints, schematics, charts, diagrams, etc.
- Ability to use precision measuring devices including amp meters, electric meters, and hydraulic gauges
- Basic understanding of systems, equipment and schematics
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Good troubleshooting skills
- Basic mathematical skills used to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and use decimals and fractions
- Ability to perform work in a mature and professional manner, demonstrate personal responsibility, and perform all assigned duties
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.