PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of the Maintenance Technician is to perform various skilled and semi-skilled tasks to maintain a 24/7 facilities operation. Responsibilities are to maintain the grounds, facility, and equipment in a safe and efficient manner and to assure that a successful, viable, maintenance program is always maintained in accordance with Birchaven Village policy and procedure, Birchaven Village ethical statement and resident rights.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have basic experience with a variety of trades in the maintenance setting such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and life safety equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Maintenance Technician must provide own tools and be able to work individually or as a team with limited supervision.
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy requirements
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
This position requires a full range of body motions with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day and stand for 7-8s hours a day. The individual must be able to lift seventy-five pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The associate must be able to drive for business related travel. JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Duty 1: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide maintenance services appropriate to the needs of the residents, staff and facility served; which includes the ability to analyze problems and follow the most effective protocol through to completion.
Duty 2: Demonstrates leadership and personal accountability for performance to ensure quality customer service is given to each and every customer.
Duty 3: Responds to 24-hour emergency calls to perform building maintenance or equipment repairs during off-duty hours and weekends on-call duty rotation.
Duty 4: Maintains facility grounds, building, and equipment. Performs routine maintenance to assure favorable inspection results at all times as set forth by the State, Federal, and Local governing agencies.
Duty 5: Carry the company provided cell phone as required for on-call rotation duty and respond to all calls in timely manner.
Duty 6: Evaluate facility conditions to determine work needed, complete all maintenance requests as assigned and keep accurate maintenance records and logs as required.
Duty 7: Must be knowledgeable, up to date on, and able to implement OSHA, MSDS, EPA, ODH-Life Safety, fire code regulations, and all company, local, city, state and federal guidelines.
Duty 8: Assist with resource allocation, controlling costs, contract selection, and supervision of contractors.
Duty 9: Operates all tools, equipment, and vehicles in a clean, safe and legal manner at all times within state and local laws. Any violation is the sole responsibility of the maintenance technician in regard to lost work hours at court and/or fines.
Duty 10: Displays service excellence and the standards of behavior as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote resident satisfaction.
Duty 11: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and regulatory compliance.
Duty 12: Performs related grounds keeping duties, snow removal duties in adverse weather conditions, refuse collection duties, minor plumbing duties, minor electrical duties, minor mechanical duties, communication duties, and other related duties as required.
Duty 13: All other duties assigned by supervisor.
This job has expired.