At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
How You Will Make Contributions That Matter:
You Are Best Suited for The Role If You Have The Following Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices.
- Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Troubleshoot, install, repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment, to include but not limited to: hydraulic and pneumatic systems, motors, gearboxes, VFD/HMI/Servo control devices, conveying systems, industrial printers, valves, photo eyes, switches, heat exchangers, level controls.
- Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
- As applicablerefer toblueprints and manufacturers' manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery.
- Operate and support industrial, refrigeration, boiler and utility operations.
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment.
- Demonstrate equipment functions and features to machine operators.
- Enter codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery.
- Complete scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment (planned and unplanned maintenance activities).
- Respond to production needs as they occur on the production floor.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records, work orders and task records.
- Accurately input and record PM (planned and unplanned activities into SAP or other MIS/ERP system.
- Comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Comply with federal, state and local safety regulations.
- Follow SQF and Company GMPand 5S guidelines to produce a safe and quality product
- Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively apply the Saputo values.
- Work together professionally in a team environment with coworkers and other department personnel.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- 1-2 year(s) prior industrial maintenance experience in manufacturing environment required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, is preferred
- Industrial ammonia refrigeration, high pressure boiler and utility experience.
- Ability to utilize computer-based maintenance planning/PM ERP platforms, SAP a plus.
- Ability to trouble-shoot electrical, hydraulic systems and pneumatic equipment.
- Strong electrical background in addition to mechanical skills. Experience with computerized or automated controls and ability to readelectricschematics a plus.
- Self-motivated detail-oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work any shift, including overtime and weekends.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates professionalism and positively represents and promotes Saputo at all times.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to: noise, changing temperatures (hot, wet, cold, humid), standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment consistently throughout the shift.
- Physical lifting up to 40-lbs unassisted frequently throughout the shift.
- Working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment, and following approved chemical handling procedures.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.