LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.
This position provides mechanical repairs, preventative maintenance and reliability improvements on the process equipment in order to fulfill the primary mission of the Maintenance Department while increasing plant reliability, on stream time and ensuring maintenance activities are performed safely and efficiently to high quality standards. The maintenance technician is expected to function in a multi-craft environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Use proactive Hazard Recognition techniques to work safely at all times and actively support the plant safety process. Follow and know the plant policies and procedures.
- Be available to work overtime, off hour call outs and duty weeks.
- Fulfill plant and department qualification requirements and continuously develop new skills.
- Make quality decisions based on company needs and efficiencies.
- Be able to use computer systems to execute and report on maintenance work.
- Have the ability to use precision measurement tools. Have knowledge on how to read mechanical drawings and blueprints.
- Use the proper rigging techniques and proper signaling for lifting heavy loads.
- Have strong analytical skills to systematically troubleshoot and repair rotating and reciprocating process equipment. Repair various pieces of stationary equipment.
- General knowledge of centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, gear reducers, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, hydraulics and piping systems is preferred.
- Familiar with different mechanical equipment driver alignment techniques and be able to properly execute align of mechanical equipment.
- Complete layout and fabrication of piping and tubing. Repair or replace valves and fittings and properly disassemble and assemble.
- Become qualified and safely operate rolling equipment (Manlift, Scissors lift Fork Truck, etc.) as needed.
- Self-starter and capable of leading formal or informal work groups.
- A High school diploma/GED or an associate degree in mechanical maintenance is preferred or millwright journeyman's certification and 5 years of hands-on mechanical manufacturing maintenance experience with heavy industrial, chemical or oil refining preferred.
- In addition to items above the candidate should possess hands-on mechanical maintenance experience, knowledge of various hand and power tools and their use; perform under adverse conditions such as heavy lifting, cramped working conditions, extremes in weather conditions, confined spaces, elevated heights and noisy areas; contribute to a team setting maintaining high quality of work and good housekeeping standards; math and measurement skills; job may require extended hours, work on weekends; call-outs and turnaround work(day or night) with short notice.
- Other personal qualities essential for success are a desire to share knowledge and experiences, a willingness to work cooperatively with others, self-motivated, seek and accept accountability for individual actions and desire to achieve superior technical and interpersonal outcomes.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.Nearest Major Market:
Cleveland Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.