Location: Robinson, IL
Position Type: Hourly
Sign On Bonus: $4000
The Hershey Company Robinson plant is a non-union plant producing products such as PayDay, Heath, Skor, Milk Duds, Whoppers, Reese's Pieces, Zero, Brookside Fruit Crunchy, & Scharffen Berger, in a high-speed complex environment.
· We are looking to hire both entry-level Maintenance Technicians and experienced Maintenance Technicians!
· Starting pay rate for entry-level Maintenance Technician: $26.99 per hour
· Starting pay rate for experienced Maintenance Technician: $28.96 per hour
· $1.00 additional shift premium for working 2nd or 3rd shift hours
· OT Potential!
· $4000 Sign On Bonus!
· Manufacturing Incentive Plan Eligible
· Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)-Starting Day 1!
· 401(k) Retirement Plan - with generous company match
· Hershey Stock Purchase Program
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
· We require that you are flexible to work any shift, weekends, overtime, and holidays.
· We are currently looking to hire on later shifts, primarily 3rd shift.
· Schedule assignments upon hire are determined by plant needs and will be discussed during the interview process.
· Qualified applicants will complete a 60-minute onsite interview and a 3-hour written mechanical skills assessment.
· Post-Offer Drug Screen and Background Check required.
Maintenance technicians are skilled in electrical or mechanical or utility maintenance. Maintenance technicians' primary role is to maintain and optimize manufacturing equipment and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate ability to plan layout of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures consistent with specifications and local codes
* Demonstrate proper techniques used to install control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, outlets, relays, and circuit-breaker panels
* Demonstrate proper techniques used to connect wiring to circuit breakers, transformers, lighting fixtures, thermostats, intercoms, signaling systems, power equipment, or other components
* Demonstrate proper technique used to check circuit connections to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components
* Diagnose and repair or replace malfunctioning apparatus and components, such as transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, motors, generators, and fixtures
* Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must be flexible to work all shifts which could be 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts (1st, 2nd and 3rd shift)
* Must be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
* Must be authorized to work in the United States
* Must be able to achieve a passing score on both a written and practical NOCTI exam in the respective discipline (part of the selection process)
* Must have basic understanding of PCs and basic computer skills
* Food manufacturing experience is preferred
* Experience with Safe Quality Food (SQF) practices is preferred
* Experience with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) is preferred
* Experience with Autonomous Maintenance (AM) is preferred
* Experience with Single-Minute Exchange of Die (SMED) is preferred
* Experience with Continuous Improvement methodology is preferred
* 1-2 years hands on electrical or mechanical work in manufacturing systems
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
San Diego, California
Posted 3 minutes ago
San Diego, California
Posted 2 minutes ago
Posted 2 minutes ago