The Global Medical Information (MI) Manager plays a critical role in ensuring that global and/or regional MI content is accurate, unbiased, balanced, and provided in a timely manner in response to unsolicited medical inquiries from healthcare professionals regarding Otsuka products.
- Assure the safe and effective use of Otsuka products by providing accurate, balanced and up-to-date information to our customers in a timely manner
- Manage all regional medical information daily activities related to the designated product(s)/therapeutic area(s) including receiving, documenting, and responding to medical inquiries
- Research and respond to complex and/or escalated medical inquiries from healthcare professionals, consumers, or internal colleagues
- Analyze and evaluate medical literature to assist with the development of global medical information content
- Develop and maintain a current database of global/regional Medical Information Response Documents to ensure consistent responses for global products
- Responsible for continually updating global and/or regional Medical Information Response Documents with current literature for designated products/therapeutic areas
- Identify, and obtain initial information regarding any product complaint or adverse event and handle in accordance with policy and procedures
- Provide assistance and/or training to other medical information personnel (i.e. contractors) as needed
- Attend external medical conferences to represent Otsuka and staff the Medical Information booth
- Provide training to sales personnel regarding appropriate submission of unsolicited medical inquiries
- Contribute to departmental projects as needed
- Pharm.D, PhD or Medicine/Life Sciences Degree with a minimum of 1-2 years experience in clinical practice or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in providing medical information in a medical/clinical setting
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Excellent medical writing and verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to support projects, multi-task, deliver on commitments and work with multidisciplinary teams
- Residency/fellowship related to Medical Information
- Proficient in Information Request Management System (IRMS)
- Relevant therapeutic knowledge in Neuroscience, Nephrology or medical devices
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.