Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Hybrid work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in hybrid work are encouraged to apply.
The Manager, Master Data Management ensures consistency of strategic shared data and information to improve data quality, accessibility, and security of master data within the commercial organization.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the creation, maintenance and enforcement of master data management policies, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure resources are available for data management activities.
- Collaborate with business units to identify and acquire new strategic data sources.
- Lead and manage external relationships with vendors, consultants and commercial partners in efforts to create data standards and business rules, creating and maintaining consistent reference data and master data definitions.
- Manage critical data elements. Ensure consensus in identifying data elements associated with common business terminology, researching sources, definitions, and managing them within the master repository as the enterprise source of record.
- Publish relevant data to appropriate users in the organization, and monitor the published data sources for usage, relevance and quality.
- Collaborate with Legal and Compliance to ensure published data meets all applicable legal and compliance requirements.
- Ensure available data and information assets meet customer needs.
- Create and manage business metadata for published data sources to ensure that it is easily discoverable, and meaningful to data users.
- Maintain the integrity, quality and completeness of master data with responsibility for collecting, evaluating and appropriately resolving issues and problems with data; prioritize and communicate issues to impacted individuals.
- Collaborate with IS to ensure data/data elements are appropriately utilized in procedures and systems.
- Ensure data documentation is properly developed and maintained.
- Be an active advocate of data management. Endorse good data management practices, use them, and share them.
- Management of function within approved operating budget.
- Quality, accuracy, timeliness, accessibility, and security of master data within the commercial organization based in part on feedback from key customers and cross-functional colleagues.
- Ability to meet/exceed established key milestones related to assigned major projects.
- Success of collaboration with IS colleagues and key customers.
- Achievement of Sales & Marketing goals.
- Reports to Associate Director, Master Data Management.
- This position requires extensive collaboration within Sales Operations, as well as with cross-functional colleagues in Marketing, Sales, Finance, Health Systems, Strategic Business Planning, Business Support, Commercial Technology, IS, Marketing Sciences. Additional collaboration is required with Business Development, Strategic New Product Planning and co-promotion partners, where applicable.