Job TitleManager of Financial Planning & Analysis |Requisition IDreq562
Founded in 1866, San Jose Water Company is an investor owned water company headquartered in Silicon Valley. With a service area of 140 square miles, it is one of the largest and most technically sophisticated urban water system in the United States. We serve over 1 million people with high quality, life sustaining water, with an emphasis on exceptional customer service.
We are actively seeking talented, driven and highly-productive applicants for the position of Accounting Supervisor to join our dynamic team. We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment along with a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
* Responsible for financial planning and modeling.
* Manage financial analysis projects and statistical studies.
* Provide key financial analysis and management reporting by managing various monthly reporting processes.
* Provide guidance on investment and project decisions.
* Ensure that project/department milestones and goals are met and adhere to approved
* Prepare monthly and quarterly business performance reviews for the operating business
units as well as the consolidated group
* Assist the external reporting team in the preparation of the actual to actual quarterly and
annual analysis in the management and discussion analysis sections of the 10-Qs and 10-Ks
* Prepare balance sheet variance analysis and analytics SOX controls
* Prepare financial analysis included in the press release and CFO report to the Board of
* Prepare annual budgets and forecasts
* Assist in the deployment and upgrade of technology tools to support effective and efficient budgeting and forecasting processes
* Work closely with state presidents, department heads and operations to provide them with data- driven insights
* Support Accounting & Finance leadership with additional projects as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
* 3 to 5 years of experience in public accounting, publicly traded company or a mix of both with a focus on financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, etc.
* Demonstrates extensive knowledge of the financial planning & analysis function.
* Previous experience in the implementation or upgrade of a financial planning software
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in financial planning and
management for regulated utilities, preferably water utilities
* Strong analytical skills and ability to question status-quo.
* Mindset for continuous improvement.
* Communication Skills: