Manager, Organizational Learning & Development--(Hybrid role)
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Manager of Learning and Development is a consultative resource and provides expertise in strategy development, planning and execution of organizational culture and learning and development efforts for the enterprise.
This is a hybrid role, with requirement to work onsite in the Globe Life McKinney, TX home office location Tuesday through Thursday and remote on Monday and Friday of each week.
This role is responsible for the design, development, marketing, delivery, and evaluation of the effectiveness of development and learning interventions across the organization. The Learning & Development Manager is responsible for continual progress towards optimizing the employee learning experience.
- Conduct annual training and development needs assessments to propose, develop and maintain learning and development programs aligned to key objectives for management, employees and select populations when needed to ensure compliance initiatives and accreditation/regulatory organization standards are achieved.
- Assess and exponentially increase the effectiveness of learning and development programs including, but not limited to, validation of knowledge transfer, participation metrics and performance.
- Manage learning & development spending and financial allocations.
- Serve as programs and processes liaison for all technology platforms used for organizational development including, but not limited to, financial literacy tools, industry specific training platforms, learning management systems, etc.
- Create and implement a learning resource creation and management process, including quality control and branding consistency, review, and approval, tracking and monitoring, and internal and external promotion.
- Provide technical assistance through all aspects of the learning experience: instructor led, blended, technical, etc.
- Plan, implement and manage the virtual training development process including instructional design and quality product design review and assurance, using a portfolio of delivery platforms to encourage active participation and learner engagement.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in instructional systems design; utilize technology tools to increase the company's capacity to design and deliver high quality virtual professional development.
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops, and other trainings.
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Hire and oversee training support team.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key business partners and subject matter experts to maintain content accuracy in existing learning content, analyze effectiveness of current curriculum and determine future needs.
- Design instruction that reflects an understanding of diverse learning audiences.
- Evaluate, assess, and improve existing instruction.
- Define learning objectives and design solutions through curriculum development and materials design to equip managers to develop their team members.
- Occasional travel may be required (less than 20% of time)
Applicable to all employees of Globe Life & Accident and its subsidiaries
- Professional experience in Instructional Design, eLearning Development, UI Design, or combination of the above
- Understanding of adult learning theory and trends in eLearning
- Working knowledge of tools and techniques for developing learning solutions - from LMS solutions to design solutions to media production tools
- Strong client services and support skills
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral, and written form.
- Excellent project management and technical writing skills
- Good blend of technical and creative dexterity
- Ability to persevere in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a sense of urgency
- Ability to change tasks and direction quickly and effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills
- Highly proficient with utilizing technical tools to develop and design training
- Ability to self-guide learning for new technologies and best practices in instructional design and training industry
- Clear and direct written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic self-starter with initiative and creative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated understanding of excellent visual design principles
- Ability to provide leadership by influence, work collaboratively on teams, and consult effectively and independently with all levels and functional areas of an organization
- Acute attention to detail and follow up skills
- Proactive, inquisitive, energetic, and creative
- Strong ability to embrace change with a good sense of humor.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Reliable and predictable attendance of your assigned shift.
- Ability to work full time and/or part time based on the position specifications.
Required Knowledge & ExperienceRequired Experience:
- Certified to teach DiSC, 5-Habits of Cohesive Teams, Extraordinary Leader, StrengthsFinder and/or similar programs.
- Qualified to administer 360 feedback instruments and/or coach feedback/development platforms.
- Training or HR Certification - ATD Certification or PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP.
This job has expired.
- 10 years' progressive experience in Learning and Development
- 2 plus years in leadership role with direct reports.
- Experience in the design and delivery of development, learning and employee engagement frameworks and governance models across all levels of the organization.
- Experience using virtual classroom technology such as Teams Webinars and Live Events.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), authoring tools (Captivate, Articulate Rise/ Storyline 360) etc.
- Exceptional organization, project management and prioritization capabilities
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.