Plant Name: Chicago - 38th St - 802754
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
The Shipping Manager provides front line leadership to a team of hourly production and/or warehouse employees. Recruits, trains and develops staff while performing other departmental objectives such as ensuring the productivity and effectiveness of shipping operation.
- Manages all shipping and receiving for the plant. Assures accurate on-time shipping and receiving of finished goods, work-in-process, raw materials and waste.
- Directs daily shipping and receiving schedules, unscheduled down times and the efficient utilization of all personnel.
- Achieves established customer order fill rates. Identifies opportunities to provide exceptional customer service.
- Works with customer service to provide best in-stock dates where required.
- Coordinates with Operations to develop and execute supply plans that best support the needs of the customer and the business.
- Develops and manages inventory plans that best support customer fill-rates, while optimizing working capital results.
- Reviews and verifies that all products moving to the warehouse have the correct description, quantity and number.
- Tracks, traces and expedites pick labels and orders to ensure on-time arrival to include the overall support of the warehouse flow of inbound and outbound shipments.
- Ensures timely actions on customer complaints and develops root cause analysis to resolve customer issues.
- Enforces plant rules, monitors attendance and provides corrective action (discipline) as necessary.
- Reviews all safety guidelines, workplace safety policies and OSHA requirements with personnel.
- Provides key leadership during the annual inventory process.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on Supply Chain, Transportation or Logistics or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years of experience
- Progressive knowledge of warehouse operations; lean manufacturing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team player, problem solver, good coaching/teaching skills and can multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Computer experience to include SAP, production planning systems and Microsoft Office
This job has expired.