Basic Job Functions:
The role of the Manufacturing Engineer includes, but is not limited to, providing technical support for maintenance and operations, designing, and troubleshooting mechanical/electrical components and systems, performing mechanical load ratings of various systems, designing and troubleshooting hydraulic and pneumatic systems, designing and troubleshooting pumping systems, capital project management and assisting with set up of preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
- Reduce downtime by analyzing production data and creating/implementing improvement plans with the operations team.
- Develops manufacturing processes for new and current products.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing engineer role.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing and erection of insulated metal panels.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques and root cause identification.