At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
The Integrative Therapy Department has an opportunity for a patient- centered, customer service focused Licensed Massage Therapist .
Our Integrative Therapy Department consists of skilled massage therapists and acupuncturists providing individually focused, compassionate and holistic approach to enhance patient care thourghout the hospital, our Cancer Center and to the community in our outpatient locations.
1. Works as a team member to assure smooth, customer friendly process for client/patient appointments
a. Collaborates with manager and co-workers to validate therapist's work schedule at least 3 months in advance
b. Collaborates with other departments/staff (e.g., Central Scheduling, Birth Center, SDS) who are involved in scheduling clients/patients for massage and/or Reiki
c. Keeps manager informed of problems or concerns regarding client/patient appointments as they occur
d. Demonstrates understanding of web-based scheduling program and uses this program appropriately within designated role
2. Demonstrates competence in providing therapeutic massage/bodywork
. Demonstrates appropriate draping with attention to client privacy
a. Demonstrates good use of body mechanics for self and for clients
b. Asks clients about allergies to skin care products (oils, crèmes, lotions) and/or scents prior to using same
c. Demonstrates/describes Reiki hand positions appropriate for an inpatient Reiki treatment versus Reiki done within the context of a massage
d. Demonstrates/describes how massage/bodywork should be modified for clients of various ages (youth to elder)and medical conditions (cancer, pregnancy, etc.)
e. Asks each client about their individual needs/preferences relative to touch and pressure of touch; adjusts strokes to meet these needs
f. Utilizes all equipment and supplies safely, per protocol and with consideration for safety and infection control
3. Consistently uses comfort, relaxation and wellness modalities to enhance care
. Demonstrates competency using modalities such as Reiki, clinical aromatherapy, deep breathing, music, imagery and stretching
a. Creates a relaxing, healing environment during each patient/client encounter; consistently uses gentle touch, reassurance, humor, music, nature imagery, and/or aromatherapy to enhance perception of care
b. Assures privacy and confidentiality for each patient/client
4. Takes actions to enhance safety for clients and for self
. Describes or demonstrates safety precautions for self should a client become threatening or abusive
a. Describes or demonstrates actions to be taken for a client who falls, becomes unresponsive, has a seizure or other unexpected/emergency event
b. Describes some major contra-indications for massage and discusses resulting potential adverse reactions (should the massage be done)
5. Demonstrates professional competence and outstanding customer service in oral and written communications/information-sharing
. Provides clients with education in self-care & general wellness techniques, e.g., stretching, hydration, etc., that are appropriate to LMT scope of practice
a. Discusses the importance of honest and timely feedback (touch/pressure, comfort of environment, what might have been done better, etc.)with every client and at every appointment.
b. Before providing massage, discusses the client's needs and expectations, updates pertinent client information/history and obtains consent
c. Written documentation is clear and concise and includes subjective & objective client information, what was done by the therapist, the client's responses to treatment, and the therapist's signature
d. Before providing massage to a hospitalized patient, validates that there is a physician's order on the chart and that the patient's CURRENT condition is appropriate for receiving a massage
e. Demonstrates competence in use of equipment and supplies. Sets up, uses, cleans and/or stores all massage equipment following manufacturer's guidelines for safe and appropriate handling. Communicates ideas or concerns about massage equipment/supplies in a timely way to manager or designee Communicates to manager or designee that supplies (such as oils, lotions, crèmes ,light bulbs, etc.) are getting low BEFORE current inventory is exhausted
6. Develops strong relationships within the department and across the organization
. Actively participates in staff meetings, and on committees to increase department visibility, increase number of patient/client encounters, suggests service enhancements, and contributes to creative marketing ideas
a. Assumes responsibility for management of his/her caseload of patient/clients and /or patients care areas
b. Networks with other departments and practices to enhance relationships and service delivery. Develops positive relations with volunteers as valued based team members; reinforces our mission; we touch lives
7. Manages all monetary transactions with sensitivity, honesty, and competence in reference to fee for service and billing procedures
. Follows hospital policies regarding NOT accepting tips/gratuity for services rendered
a. Demonstrates knowledge of massage fee structure by describing charges for different client groups
b. Accurately collects payment (cash, checks, payroll deduction and charge cards) for massage; makes change; and provides receipts
c. Demonstrates/describes process for selling massage gift certificates
8. Functions as a team player to enhance/expand massage services as well as other Integrative Therapy Department offerings. Values education by expanding self-knowledge and providing education consistent with LMT scope of practice
. Discusses with manager ideas for improving WDH massage services as well as concerns about the service. Participates in employee and community education teach Joint Camp, teach stress reduction classes, coordinate other classes for staff and community. Teach co-workers a new service modality
a. Actively seeks ideas to improve massage from other LMTs, from professional meetings and literature and uses information to improve/enhance his/her massage style. Provides patient/clients with education in self-care and general wellness using evidence-based references and resources
b. Keeps up-to-date about other (non-massage) Integrative Therapy services & educational offerings, and serves as a resource to others regarding these. Actively engages in self-learning; seeks new ideas and ways to enhance service offerings
9. Participates in Integrative Therapy marketing, promotion and development of new services.
. Demonstrate competency in describing and answering questions about all Integrative Therapy service offerings, including locations in which these services are provided and any associated fees, to patients, clients, community, and other employees.
a. Collaborates with manager and coworkers to create/update brochures and fliers, poster/bulletin board displays, gift certificates, articles for newsletters, and other publications, intranet webpage, etc.
b. Networks with other staff/departments/practices to enhance Integrative Therapies visibility. Examples; Provide chair massage in other departments, sell Gift Certificates and distribute fliers at Benefits Fair, participate in community services events
Experience Minimum Required
• 6 to 12 months experience providing massage (as a student or a licensed practitioner)
• 2-3 years experience as an LMT.
• Experience (not necessarily as LMT) in a health care setting
Education Minimum Required
• Graduated from an accredited school to provide therapeutic massage/bodywork training. Technical school or college graduate.
• Additional coursework, certification or experience in other integrative modalities such as yoga, reflexology, music, tai chi, art, etc.
Training Minimum Required
• Reiki Level I & II
• Reiki Master
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Good communication skills (verbal & written) to include customer services and basic computer skills.
Special Skills Preferred/Desired
• Shows evidence of good communication skills; is organized; friendly; engaging. Functions with minimal supervision; public speaking skills; positive representative of employer programs; resourceful and create; takes initiate to engage with leadership.
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• New Hampshire license LMT.
• AHA or ARC BLS within 2 weeks of hire
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Boynton Beach, Florida
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Boynton Beach, Florida
Posted about 2 hours ago