Job ID: 435659
Leviat, a CRH company, is a global leader in insulating, lifting, anchoring, and connecting technology for the construction industry. Leviat's engineered products and innovative construction solutions are used in a variety of market segments from residential to infrastructure, enabling users to build better, stronger, safer, and faster. The company employs nearly 3,000 people at 60 locations globally. Leviat's suite of trusted product brands include Meadow Burke, Halfen, and Thermomass.
Job Description Summary
Operates forklift as directed and without supervision while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures. Sixty percent of the time is working on the forklift; forty percent is filling out orders for customers and checking orders coming in.
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device
- Inventories materials on work floor and supply workers with materials as needed
- Performs routine maintenance to include recharging batteries; lubricating, fueling and cleaning
- Weighs materials or products and recording weight on tags, labels, or production schedules
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals, and maneuver steering wheel to operate equipment
- Operate 5-ton overhead crane, moving materials and staging 20-foot bundles
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Required Skills
- High school diploma or GED, preferred
- Must be able to pass an internal forklift and/or crane certification program
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
What CRH Offers You
- Lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Intermittent bending, lifting, stooping, reaching, walking, and squatting
- Standing for long periods of time
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Leviat, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
San Antonio Job Segment:
Industrial, Forklift, Construction, Warehouse, Equipment Operator, Manufacturing, Engineering
This job has expired.