Materials Specialist Non-Metallics Job Title: Materials Specialist - Non-Metallics
Location: Baytown, TX
Top Reasons to Work with Us We are an innovation-driven flexible pipe technology company. The Company comprises a hard-working, driven, and dedicated team united by a commitment to Human Development, Quality, Delivery, Innovation, and Productivity Excellence in all we do. The culture can be described as energetic and passionate, which is felt daily throughout the company. FlexSteel embodies teamwork with a focus on hiring top talent and developing employees.
What You Will Be Doing Leads non-metallic materials technology development and qualification projects. Materials include thermoplastics for liner and jacket layers, manufacturing aid tapes, end-fitting coatings, and elastomeric seals in end fittings. May also include the evaluation of non-metallic materials used in product manufacture, packaging, transportation, and installation.
- Develops and execute product development plans for new non-metallic materials applications or to qualify existing materials for new applications outside of the qualified envelope
- Develops and qualifies corrosion control coatings/surface treatments for end-fitting wetted surfaces.
- Prepare documents illustrating conformance of materials to technical procedures, industry standards, or governmental regulations. Maintains non-metallic material properties database.
What You Need for this Position - Bachelors Degree in Polymer Science, Polymer Engineering, Materials Science, or Materials Engineering or related discipline
- ISO, API, and ASTM standards applicable to non-metallic materials
- Oil and gas industry experience
- Laboratory test equipment, including universal testing machines for measuring tensile and compressive properties, permeability measurement, blistering resistance, TGA, DMA, and DSC.
- Familiar with NDE methods and interpretation
- Thermoplastic materials used in pipe extrusion processes, in particular various grades of HDPE.
- Comprehensive knowledge of welding processes
- Material selection and coatings/other surface treatments for corrosive and sour service applications
So, if you are a Materials Specialist Non-Metallics with experience, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!