The Material Technician supports all aspects of material presentation and internal delivery within Radford Operations. Supports all phases of manufacturing related to MRP, MPS, Kanban maintenance, FIFO, cycle counts and scrap disposition.
This position will be joining the Kollmorgen team in Radford, VA. Kollmorgen is part of Altra (AIMC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with manufacturing and management to implement the best material presentation for various types of inventory replenishment programs.
- Accurately completes and closes production orders including resolving shortages issues.
- Executes and dispositions approved Excess and Obsolete lists.
- Works directly with Planners/buyers to resolve pending material issues.
- Responsible for picking and staging of standard work for the production line.
- Completes and communicates daily Kanban audit sheets.
- Stocks all incoming material in the appropriate location while applying FIFO management.
- Work individually or in teams to set up areas and locations for material stocking.
- Responsible for the accurate transactions/transfers between various facilities.
- Operates daily on MRP and MPS systems with full and complete knowledge.
- Create spreadsheets and documentation as required for manufacturing and management.
- Able to perform a detailed inventory analysis and thorough root cause analysis, drive actions to correct and resolve.
- Participate in Altra Business System events and applies those tools to daily management.
- Must be able to work independently and/or as a team member.
- Other duties as directed.
Job Requirements PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Normal duties require regular walking, bending and standing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Oracle
- Prior experience in a shipping department preferred, but not required
- Prior forklifts experience preferred but will train and certify.
- Good written and verbal communications skills are required.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.