We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Mechanical Engineer Intern located in at one of our locations in the United States.
Our summer intern program is tailored to individuals who are currently enrolled full-time students at an accredited four-year college or university. The internships run from May to August - dependent on the school calendar. The goal of the Huntsman Intern Program is to provide a structured program that will equip interns with the skills and experience to help prepare for a successful career.
The Mechanical Engineer Intern will:
What are we looking for in the ideal Candidate?
- In the Reliability role, you will assist with condition monitoring program, review data, and identify areas of improvement.
- Assist in development of Asset Life Plans, troubleshoot equipment failures and identify corrective actions.
- Develop reliability improvement projects and perform equipment performance testing.
- You will be assigned to the Capital Projects group to work closely with mechanical engineers on specific project assignments.
- Participate in the project scope and cost estimate development identifying piping and rotating equipment requirements for projects assigned.
- Participate in Process Safety Management (PSM) Design Hazard Reviews.
- Work with engineers gathering process data required for performing equipment design calculations and providing equipment specifications for the purchase of new piping and mechanical equipment and will work with designers on determining pipe sizes, mechanical supports, and other installation requirements.
- Work with engineers and constructions coordinators on installation, testing, and commissioning of newly installed devices.
- Assigned small projects to lead from conception through completion.
- Attend project team meetings and report project status updates.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate procedures and guidelines. Make sure that annual required training is completed on-time.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Full time college student at the Junior or Senior level by the end of Spring 2021.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited university seeking a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have 3.0 or higher GPA
- Must be authorized to work in U.S.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Card.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and methods used in chemical plant manufacturing and analyses.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Able to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to build relationships across all organizational lines.
- Able to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Conroe, Texas, East Lansing, Michigan, Freeport, Texas, Geismar, Louisiana, HATC, Texas, Los Angeles, California, McIntosh, Alabama, Ringwood, Illinois
This job has expired.