Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are shaping the future of the world we live in.
ANDRITZ HYDRO USA operates in a niche market that provides overhaul and rehabilitation to hydro power plants. The work encompasses a wide range of repair, replacement and improvement services to restore dependability and sustainability to hydro power facilities, or to increase capacity and/or efficiency. Projects range in size and scope, but routinely span from component assessment, design, and procurement to site installation and commissioning. Hydro power is recognized as the most economic form of renewable energy, and the company is committed to environmentally friendly concepts.
- Read, understand, and execute technical activities governed by contract requirements
- Create engineering game plan for each assigned project to ensure overall project schedule is maintained
- Coordinate and interface with electro-mechanical designers of hydro generator components from various ANDRITZ locations across the globe
- Direct and oversee work as needed to local support engineers
- Create procedures for the disassembly / installation of new and refurbished components
- Assist project management in all technical matters
- Create inspection and test plans for 3rd party vendors
- Assist purchasing with vendor selection, and review of quotes for technical acceptance
- Support 3rd and ANDRITZ operated manufacturing shops with technical questions
- Support ANDRITZ quality with non-conformities as they arise during manufacturing
- Attend project meetings both internal and with customers to provide project status updates
- Liaison with customer engineering to discuss technical submittals as required
- Support field installation crew with engineering related items and questions as they arrive
- 5-15% domestic travel
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years experience in mechanical design of heavy industrial components.
- P.E. license preferred.
- AutoCAD proficiency required. (This is a hands-on design role)
- Working knowledge in capital equipment, welding, custom fabrication, and/or piping.
- Experience designing large rotation equipment is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 6256 Nearest Major Market: