Medical Technologist I (Serology Department)
Tucker, GA -Tuesday-Saturday 11pm-7:30am
Are you intrigued by the science of the human body? Curious about state-of-the-art laboratory instrumentation? Looking to join a Fortune 500 company leading the world in providing diagnostic information services? Quest Diagnostics is now recruiting for technologist positions ranging from entry level to experienced, with a wide range of benefits and training!
- Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- 15 PTO days first year
- 7 Paid Holidays!
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- 401K matching
- Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training provided!
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures.
- Review and release test results.
- Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493
1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred.