Basic Job Functions:
The Electrician role responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, upgrading, designing, and installing equipment. This teammate will assist with process improvements along with expansion of the melt shop. A Major emphasis for this role will be improving predictive and preventive maintenance. Must be able to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime, holidays and weekends. Must be willing to rotate shifts (day and night shift work).
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
Industrial Electical Experience
Excellent Safety Performance
Basic Computer Skills with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Word
Detailed Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrates excellent internal customer support, interpersonal and communication skills with absolute dedication to commercial excellence and taking care of our customers.
- Motivated, assertive self-starter- ability to work well with limited direct supervision
- Demonstrated high levels of integrity with ability to understand Nucor's goals and a commitment to make decisions to attain Bar Mill Group goals
- Proficiency in utilizing computer resources
- Strong ability to analyze and think strategically, possessing exceptional organization and time management skills
- Team player - having shown ability to work well with others, and build a strong rapport with customers/coworkers
- Strong leadership qualities
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Previous Leadership Experience
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley PanelView+, and ControlLogix
- Process control design and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated Auto Cad experience
- Ability to read drawings and diagrams; block diagram, schematics circuit diagram, single line diagram and or one line diagram, wiring diagram, ladder diagram or line diagram
- Experience working with vendors and contractors
- Allen Bradley PLC Experience
- Perform Program Changes (programming) for the PLC equipment control
- AC & DC Motors, understanding of drives, Demonstrated Electrical Controls knowledge and experience
- Troubleshooting experience, knowledge of instrumentation
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E, Knowledge of (LOTOTO) Lock-out, Tag-out, Try-out
- Knowledge of Arc Flash Hazards
- Two (2) year electrical degree or pursuing electrical degree