ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The Metals Prep Technician will be responsible for the preparation of samples for waste characterization using the Toxicity Characterization Leachate Procedure (TCLP). Additional responsibilities include digestion of environmental samples, including solid and aqueous matrices, and instrumental analysis of digestates for Mercury analysis by Cold Vapor Atomic Adsorption (CVAA) in accordance with prescribed EPA methods and ALS standard operating procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Perform all duties associated with the preparation of samples for waste characterization;
- Maintain complete documentation of all preparatory procedures according to established requirements;
- Perform all work within established quality control parameters and within specified turnaround times;
- Assist with preparation of analytical standards, reagents, and solutions;
- Maintain safe working conditions and a clean, orderly work area at all times;
- Follow SOP's and methodologies without deviation;
- Follow all laboratory safety practices;
- May be asked to assist with glassware cleaning and sample disposal tasks;
- L earn and utilize laboratory information management system (LIMS) .
- Responsible to accurately document results in controlled logbooks, bench sheets, etc.
- Responsible to put prep batches together and accurately review this information for compliance and completeness.
- Maintain a clean, orderly work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dedication to supporting goals, objectives, and philosophies of ALS ;
- Diligent work ethic and the ability to work as a team member ;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs;
- Knowledge of basic lab skills, i.e. use of balances, pipettes, quantitative transfer of samples ;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details ;
- High energy level, confidence, and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment ;
- Ability to also work weekends ;
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Science discipline or minimum of 2 years hands on-experience doing metals preparation;
- Experience in metals digestion preferred but not required ;
- Ability to learn quickly and follow directions;
- Strong commitment to quality and integrit y;
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone;
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
This job has expired.