Looking to be part of a Community Based Team. Merakey is seeking a LicensedTherapist to join our ITS Service Team in Sacramento, California. This is a wonderful opportunity to help assist a volunarable population. Make a schedule that works with you!
Schedule: Flexible schedule that includes traditional work hours 8:30am-4:30pm or 4/10's.
The Licensed Mental Health Professional as a member of the ITS Program, will possess clinical experience to assess, plan, develop, coordinate and provide treatment, rehabilitation and support services to program individuals with BH and IDD diagnosis (Dual Diagnoses) under the clinical supervision of the Program Director and Psychiatrist.
- Provide individual and group therapy, choosing applicable modalities according to individual needs and treatment plan.
- Leads development and monitoring of the individual behavioral support interventions.
- Participates in the team meetings and additional consultation as needed.
- Collects and evaluates behavioral data
- Observes the participant in various settings for developing a behavior support plan.
- Collaborates with the participant, their family, and their team for developing a
behavior support plan that must include positive practices.
- Conducts comprehensive functional assessments of presenting issues (e.g.aggression, self-injurious behavior, law offending behavior (sexual orotherwise).
- Develops and maintains behavior support plans, which utilize positive strategies to support the participant, based on functional behavioral assessments and may not include restraint procedures (physical, chemical, or mechanical) as support strategies.
- Conducts training related to the implementation of behavior support plans for the participant family members, and staff.
- Monitors implementation of the behavior support plan, and revises as needed.
- Collaborates with the participant, their family, and their team in order to develop positive interventions to address specific presenting issues.
- Completes required paperwork related to data collection, progress reporting and development of planning material.
- Provides on-going training to the program staff; to properly address the needs of the population being served.
- Works collaboratively with the program's psychiatric nurse, pharmacist, and
psychiatrist to coordinate medication monitoring and adjustment.
- Develops comprehensive goal plans in conjunction with individuals, team and family members.
- Utilizes recovery based, person centered focus to develop, write, implement,evaluate and revise, as necessary, individual's behavior support plan in collaboration with the Treatment Team.
Participates in cross training with other specialists as deemed necessary by supervisor.
Merakey offers work/life balance. We have a competitive compensations plans as well as Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plans. There are opportunities for professional growth and advancement.ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
The Center for Hope
Outpatient Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
Parents and Children Together (PACT)
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
Case Management / Recovery Coaching
Community Health Liaison (CHL)
Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
Substance Use Disorder Services
Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
Family Based Mental Health Services
Therapeutic Family Care
Foster Care Plus
Student Assistance Program (SAP)
Supports for Permanency (SFP)
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-behavioral-health.htmlABOUT MERAKEY
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provideroffering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Visti www.merakey.org/careersREQ # 66142Requirements
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualfications:
This job has expired.
- Master's degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or other closely related human services/counseling discipline
- Is either a licensed or licensed eligible Psychologist, Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist
- Three (3) years of experience providing treatment to adults with various mental health disabilities
- Demonstrated ability in providing clinical mental health services to an adult population with serious mental illness and a co-occurring DevelopmentalDisorder
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse multi-disciplinary team and under served populations
- Knowledge of dual diagnosis treatment practices including non-pharmacological symptom management techniques.
- Experience with Crisis/Risk Management and person centered treatment planning
- Advanced knowledge of assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, discharge planning
- Excellent documentation skills
- Possesses, or is able to obtain, all necessary clearances and background checks to work with designated consumer
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record