GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab 8 is seeking an experienced professional to support the 300mm semiconductor technology development integration team. The core responsibilities of this team involve ownership of process integration of Silicon Photonic devices from development, customer engagement to production. The ideal candidate can demonstrate a technical understanding of Silicon Photonics and an understanding of a balanced scorecard approach to develop, sustain, and improve the technologies with quality, cost, and delivery all considered.
If you are passionate about developing and manufacturing the industry's first foundry monolithic and custom silicon photonics technologies, GlobalFoundries is the place to grow your career as a key member of our FotonixTM team. GF FotonixTM is a monolithic platform, the first in the industry to combine its differentiated 300mm photonics features and world-class RF-CMOS on a silicon wafer, delivering best-in-class performance at scale. GF FotonixTM enables the highest level of co-integration of RF, CMOS and photonics components onto a single product die. This monolithic solution also enables innovative packaging solutions, such as attachment of fiber arrays, support for 2.5D packaging, and on-die lasers. GF is also developing custom silicon photonics solutions for our clients and their industry-leading applications. GF FotonixTM solutions are developed and manufactured at the company's advanced manufacturing facility in Malta, N.Y. Be BOLD in driving the exciting field of silicon photonics and be part of the industry-leading GlobalFoundries FotonixTM team!
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing/qualifying silicon photonics process flows and process integrations to enable meeting the product requirements for performance, reliability and defect free manufacturing.
- Ensure methods and processes in place to test the devices and structures being developed Develops and implements methods and procedures for process control and inspection to ensure that the products are free of flaws and function as designed
- Analyzes reports and defective products to determine trends and recommend corrective actions. Responsible to freeze developed processes in preparation for manufacturing and drive technology cost reduction & process convergence.
- Customer engagement through reporting of issues, status and milestones
- Work and collaborate other projects and/or assignments as needed
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
Expected Salary Range
- Education - technology-related degree: Photonics, Optics, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Microsystems, Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, or other related engineering physical science discipline. Requires BS degree + 6-7 years of experience, or MS degree + 5-6 years, or PhD + 3-4 years.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners.
- Language Fluency - English (Written & Verbal). Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-starter. Demonstrated ability to use these attributes in conflict resolution if required.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently solve problems and provide clear guidance on critical decisions.
$85,900.00 - $158,600.00
The exact Salary will be determined based on qualifications, experience and location.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law
This job has expired.