Network Systems Specialist II
Health Research Inc.
First Shift (United States of America)
Oversees and administers network device on boarding using Cisco ISE. This includes advanced knowledge of Cisco ISE authentication and authorization feature sets. The ability to implement and manage DACLs. Basic understanding of posturing with a willingness to learn the advance posturing feature sets. Experience in large enterprise campus wireless network infrastructures. Understanding of 802.1x cert based authentication as it pertains to wired and wireless networks. Knowledge of Wi-Fi guest networks. Strong understanding of Radio Frequency and heat map concepts. Strong understanding of LAN Switching and access layer networking.
Provides a full range of technical services for any of the following technologies within the infrastructure realm which include the Servers, SAN, Network and Phone Systems; provides services including the setup, system configuration, implementation and security within the Roswell Park Infrastructure; analyzes system traffic, provides capacity planning information and assists with system solutions, monitoring and responding to Server, SAN, Network and Phone System issues; Manages the daily operations activities as well as interfacing with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance; plans and implements small to medium projects; mentors junior level team members on existing and new technologies.
Required Education and Experience
1. Master's degree and the equivalent of four (4) years of full-time experience in computer system hardware, operating systems and software, enterprise networking or computer systems security as it relates to technology used at the organization; or
2. Bachelor's degree and the equivalent of four (4) years of full-time experience as a Network Systems Specialist I at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center; or
3. Bachelor's degree and the equivalent of six (6) years of full-time experience in computer system hardware, operating systems and software, enterprise networking or computer systems security as it relates to technology used at the organization; or
4. Associates degree and the equivalent of eight (8) years of full-time experience in computer system hardware, operating systems and software, enterprise networking or computer systems security as it relates to technology used at the organization; or
5. High School diploma or High School equivalency and the equivalent of ten (10) years of full-time experience in computer system hardware, operating systems and software, enterprise networking or computer systems security as it relates to technology used at the organization.
Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
The preferred candidate will have experience in Cisco ISE or equivalent NAC product (i.e. Aurba's ClearPass). The preferred candidate should have Cisco Wireless and Juniper/Mist wireless hardware knowledge. In addition, the preferred candidate should have experience with ansible programming and scripting.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Roswell Park is committed to providing an environment where patients, families, employees, and community are treated with courtesy and respect. We support an inclusive environment that nurtures the talents, skills, and abilities of each individual to embody and reflect Roswell Park's core values; Innovation, Integrity, Teamwork, Commitment, Compassion, and Respect.
This is a grant-funded position. Compliance with funding requirements such as time and effort reporting, grant deliverables, and contract deliverables is required.
Health Research Incorporated (HRI) Roswell Park Division participates in the E-Verify program.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Qualified Individuals with Disabilities/Qualified Protected Veterans
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted 11 minutes ago
Posted 11 minutes ago
Posted 11 minutes ago