Location: Tumwater, WA
Description: REMOTE WORK - Nurse Medical Mgmt I - Tumwater / Olympia, WA Market
Responsible to collaborate with healthcare providers and members to promote quality member outcomes, to optimize member benefits, and to promote effective use of resources.
Ensures medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care through assessing the medical necessity of inpatient admissions, outpatient services, focused surgical and diagnostic procedures, out of network services, and appropriateness of treatment setting by utilizing the applicable medical policy and industry standards, accurately interpreting benefits and managed care products, and steering members to appropriate providers, programs or community resources.
Works with medical directors in interpreting appropriateness of care and accurate claims payment. May also manage appeals for services denied.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Key Points of Interest:
- Conducts pre-certification, continued stay review, care coordination, or discharge planning for appropriateness of treatment setting reviews to ensure compliance with applicable criteria, medical policy, and member eligibility, benefits, and contracts.
- Ensures member access to medical necessary, quality healthcare in a cost effective setting according to contract.
- Consult with clinical reviewers and/or medical directors to ensure medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care throughout the medical management process.
- Collaborates with providers to assess members needs for early identification of and proactive planning for discharge planning.
- Facilitates member care transition through the healthcare continuum and refers treatment plans/plan of care to clinical reviewers as required and does not issue non-certifications.
- Facilitates accreditation by knowing, understanding, correctly interpreting, and accurately applying accrediting and regulatory requirements and standards.
- Requires current active unrestricted RN license to practice as a health professional within the scope of practice in applicable state(s) or territory of the United States and 2 years acute care clinical experience.
- Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
- 8-5 PST Monday through Friday
- Work at Home position
- Inpatient Clinical Review per MCG Criteria.
- WA RN license
- Company supports and provides Laptop, Avaya phone.
- Experience in discharge planning out of hospital preferred.
- 6 month assignment.
- Must be computer literate, able to use 2 monitors for review of clinical information.
- MS Office Suite/Outlook
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
This job has expired.