Process ocean shipments from time of booking to final delivery while maintaining the customer base by providing a high level of customer service and to ensure that all iTN customers, agents and internal customers are treated in a professional, courteous, and timely manner whether being handled in person, over the phone or via email.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive booking requests from Customers and/or Routing Orders from agents and contacts shippers for arrangements.
- Ensures rate is filed and valid with carriers.
- Check and send warehouse inventory to agents and customers.
- General Customer Service: Initial contact with customers and agents, timely communication through email and phone, address concerns, find solutions.
- Opens our system shipment identifier (OEMF/ITNI = Ocean) and issues bookings as needed.
- Books cargo with carrier or co-loader.
- Responsible for arranging In-Land pick-ups and drayage.
- Gathers all required export documents from shippers / customers.
- Runs Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- Responsible for filing Automated Export Systems.
- Issues Certificates of Insurance for shipments that require insurance.
- Issues loading guide and monitors warehouse operation to ensure shipments are loaded or dispatched as planned.
- Arranges warehouse transfers and/or deliveries to co-loaders.
- Completes House Bill of Lading.
- Ensures all costs match the service quotes and initiates disputes with service providers if necessary.
- Liquidates files and issues service invoices to agents/customers.
- Follow up on payment (COD customers).
- Check the accuracy of invoices from Vendors (Carriers, Trucking Companies, warehouse providers, etc.)
- Sends Master Bill of Lading instructions to carrier.
- Sends pre-alerts to agents.
- Sends proof of export to Shippers.
- Shipment tracking from sailing to arrival.
- Update all shipment statuses in the system.
- Follows standard operating procedure (SOP) for file completion.
- Able to assist in all other areas of operations as directed by Management.
- Handle LCL/FCL shipments
- Work closely with Pricing Department on any rate/price changes by the carriers or any alternate routing as needed.
- Any other duties assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the minimum of each essential duty satisfactorily, be organized, take direction, have excellent communication skills, and:
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION and/or CERTIFICATION:
- Always exhibits a professional demeanor
- Works effectively with minimal supervision
- Interacts effectively with colleagues to meet objectives
- Demonstrates ability and resourcefulness
- Proactive and timely in problem-solving
- Recognizes priorities and organizes workload accordingly
- Maintains communications with all involved parties on a project
- Ensures that the work product is accurate, thorough, and neat
- Supports accurate and concise records/files
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be familiar with computer programs, i.e.; Microsoft Office, AES, Editrade, Cargo Operating systems, although some training will be offered
SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Minimum 3 years of related experience and/or training required
- Minimum 2 years of customer service background in place of direct of the required experience may be considered
- Minimum 2 years in a Management level position
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
- Must have good attention to detail, this includes continuously monitoring shipments from the point of receipt to delivery
- Ability to clearly communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of staff, vendors, and customers
- Must be up to date with Internal Company and Export Regulation requirement.
- Must be familiar with computer programs although some training will be offered
- Self-starter attitude is required, must be able to work effectively with minimal to no supervision
- Organizational and problem-solving skills are always a plus
Job duties include but are not limited to lifting, pulling, pushing, grasping, twisting (including wrists), reaching below and overhead, standing for long periods, squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and lifting heavy items. Warehouse climate conditions are subject to change without notice.
Mental, visual, and auditory acuity necessary to work with or near moving mechanical parts (i.e., cooler, dock equipment), in high, precarious places (i.e., ladder work), and cold/hot climate conditions. Ability to work in moderate and loud noise environments including, but not limited to: computers, human voices, sound systems, and machinery. TRAVEL
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and skills required of an employee in this position. ITN Worldwide reserves the right to request that other tasks be performed when warranted (for example, by emergencies, changes in personnel or workload, corporate reorganization, or technical development).
ITN Worldwide also reserves the right to revise this job description.AAP/EEO STATEMENT
ITN Worldwide is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regards to race, color religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.
Any applicant requiring assistance with our online application process or who needs and accommodation for the application process due to a disability should contact (954) 320-5391 or send an e-mail to ADAapps@amerijet.comLEGAL NOTICES TO ALL APPLICANTS
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Employee Rights Under The Family and Medical Leave Act
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
DOJ Right to Work
Florida Law Prohibits Discrimination
Dade County Living Wage Ordinance
This job has expired.