Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- 12-18 month hands-on training in one Geographic Region
- Will learn and be expected to model our "Safety First" Culture including OSHA and Safety programs
- Exposed to all facets of the scrap processing business including; buying and inspecting scrap, transportation and logistics, and overseeing operations and maintenance of equipment
- Interact with various levels of corporate personnel, customers, vendors/suppliers, and employees to resolve problems, and ensure steady delivery of products purchased or sold
- Work with other managers to plan and direct work of the organization
- Identify trends and recommend proactive action to manage business situations
- Work with and through management to develop and implement actions that protect company assets and profitability
- The goal of the program is to assume a Management or Supervisor role upon completion of the program
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related field
- Ability and desire to work in a hands-on, industrial environment
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to adapt to changing assignments
- Good verbal and written communication skills - ability to interface effectively with customers and employees
- Willingness to relocate to any of the facilities throughout assigned region
SOME OF THE BEST BENEFITS IN THE BUSINESS
Medical and dental are just the beginning. We value our teammates and offer benefits packages that also include profit sharing, retirement savings, scholarships and tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth potential. We strive to avoid implementing layoffs or furloughing our Teammates. We very strongly believe that a Nucor Teammate who does their job properly today, should feel confident that they will have a job tomorrow. For more information on our benefits go to Nucor.com/benefits.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplaceNucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.