DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
TheOperations Technician will be responsible to operate a process (e.g.- plant, cavern, manned compressor stations treatment facilities), perform maintenance and repair of instrument and mechanical systems, andensure safe and reliable operations. Theis a broadlyskilledpositionandaqualifiedindividualwillperform all operational and most maintenance,electrical,troubleshooting, and repair tasks.This jobis assigned ashift atplantthat is staffed around the clock every day.
What you will be responsible for
- PerformsStartup, Shutdown, and operation ofvariousequipment/systems but not limited to
- Gas compression,Cryogenic processing units(including helium extraction),NGL Fractionator,liquid handling systems
- Treatment systems such as amine, glycol, Sulphur Recovery Unit, etc.
- Utility systems such as cooling towers, boilers, furnaces, hot oil, waste heat, Thermal Oxidizer, etc.
- Conducts routine inspection and operation of dehydration systems.
- Operatesstorage and truck racks (such as condensate, wastewater,etc)
- Workswith others to optimize processing throughout the facility and maintain proper product specifications
- Responds to alarms and problems within the plant and makes appropriate corrections
- Conducts routine inspection of equipment and facilities (equipment health, security, AVO- Audio, Visual, Olfactory)
- Leads pipeline pigging (receiving), hydrate management, etc.
- Performs a variety ofMechanical Maintenance and Repairduties such as:
- Maintenance and repair of engines, compressors and associated components, such as compressor valves, spark plugs, cooling and lubrication systems (auxiliary).
- Maintenance and repair of pumps and associated components, such as amine, glycol, condensate, NGL, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of other mechanical equipment such as block valves, control valves, air compressors, manual valve actuators, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of fixed equipment such as filters (all types), strainers, dehydration systems, etc.
- Performs a variety ofInstrumentation and Electrical Maintenancesuch as:
- Routine inspection, calibration and repair of end devices such as transmitters, switches, fire eyes,hazgas detection, level detection, loop tuning, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of other instrumentation and electrical equipment such as valve actuators, positioners, electric motors, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of control system components such as Uninterruptable Power Supply's, Programmable Logic Controllers, Equipment Health Monitoring devices, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of motor control systems and associated components.
- Performs a variety ofMeasurementactivities such as:
- Routine inspection, calibration and repair of meter and associated equipment (meter tube plates, ultrasonic meter, flow computer).
- Routine inspection, maintenance and repair of communications equipmentandsampling system.
- Product composition and quality sampling and testing.
- Work autonomously at varying times and in diverse weather conditions. Available for callout.
- Participates inand successfully completestraining programs, risk management reviews, and safety meetings required to comply with state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Reviews and follows procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all company and industry standards to meet all regulatory agency requirements.
- Accurately completesdocumentation suchas;timesheets, MAXIMO work orders, safe job plans work permits and regulatory reports.
- Optimizeswork in most effective (efficient and leveraging priority) manner, in alignment with the Maintenance Work Process (MWP) and within the tenets of S.A.F.E. and Stop Work Authority.
- Maintainsfacility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices.
- Effectively utilizestools and testsequipment as needed.
- Respondsto operational emergencies as a member of an emergency response team.
- Performsand accurately documentsregulatory required inspections.
- May overseecontractors providing specialty services (Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- Reads and comprehends technical procedures, and / or governmental regulations.
- Writes technical reports and effectivelypresentinformation to managers and general plant personnel.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- High School Diploma or equivalentrequired.
- Completion of Tech school training program or one year of oil and gas operations experience is required; 3years of experience in oil and gas operations preferred.
- At least1yearofspecializedexperienceinmechanical maintenance,instrumentation and electrical maintenance, ormeasurementispreferred.
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record
- Must live/relocate within 35miles of reporting location
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to workextended hours, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to worksafely around various types of rotating equipment
This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats,kneelsand crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exertspullingforce of 130 pounds.Frequentlymay lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.Primary Location:
Oct 13, 2021, 10:54:29 AMRecommended Skills
- Valves (Piping)
- Control Systems
- Electric Motors
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Salary Details
This salary was provided in the Job Posting.
Hourly SalaryJob SnapshotEmployee Type
Gilcrest, CO, COJob Type
Skilled Labor - TradesDate Posted
Apply to this job.
Think you\'re the perfect candidate?