Novelis - Guthrie, KY we are seeking an Operations Technician with a desire to combine their skills with our capabilities to contribute to our continued success!
Normal Work Schedule
While shift schedules may vary, Operations Technicians on-shift will work rotating 12-hour shifts that alternate between days/nights throughout the month. Our current shift model is a 2,2,3 rotation that allows for every other weekend off as well as time off throughout the week to allow for a better work/life balance. Paid overtime can be on a volunteer basis or scheduled depending on business needs.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Complete work in a safe, timely and professional manner.
- Recognize and mitigate safety risk in all aspects of job and communicate effectively to others about risk and exposures.
- Monitor instrumentation and control devices.
- Make product and process decisions based on graphical and statistical analysis.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Work on assigned preventative maintenance tasks.
- Find opportunities for continuous improvement and suggest new ideas.
- Learn and grow in a team environment.
- Mentor other Operators.
- Use email to communicate effectively across departments and locations.
- Give and receive feedback openly, honestly, and respectfully.
Functional Capacity Requirements:
- Completed High School or have a GED. Associates Degree in a technical field preferred.
- Have a proven foundation and value for safety. Our priority is ensuring all our employees get home safe every day.
- Have a minimum four years of work history/experience.
- Have the ability and desire to work in and participate in a team environment.
- Can demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Have working knowledge of software applications, email, etc.
- Working in heat >80° and cold < 60°
- Lifting to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Climbing stairs and ladders.
- Bending, twisting, kneeling, sometimes in close quarters.
- Flexibility to work 12-hours shifts in a 24/7 environment.
Novelis' Guthrie facility is located in Guthrie Kentucky approximately 30 minutes from the Tennessee state line near Clarksville Tennessee and Hopkinsville Kentucky. As Novelis' newest facility Guthrie will house a heat treatment and pretreatment line that will serve the North American automotive market and employ 125 residents. In addition to hunting fishing and hiking residents enjoy the Guthrie Transportation Museum which is the hub of the city's renewal efforts. The Guthrie team enjoys partnerships with Hopkinsville Community College Todd County High School Guthrie Fire Department and several local Rotary Clubs. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.