Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Forklift Operator who will join our Scotts Miracle Gro team in Jackson, GA.
Positions starting at $18.10 per hour!
Hours will be 6 am - 2:30 pm
What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Responsible for operating forklifts, clamp trucks, etc to transport inbound and outbound shipments
- Pull and arrange product for shipment ensuring that the exact number and type of product is prepared
- Stack and store the merchandise in a clean, neat, and orderly manner
- Ensure proper finished goods and raw materials stock rotation
- Unload raw material and put away according to storage plan
- Support production by delivering/removing raw materials to and from production equipment/processes
- Inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment
- Report quality and safety outages and work to correct where necessary
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
- Preferred education level is a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have at least one to two years recent experience operating a forklift
- Knowledge of safe practices and procedures
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to climb on and off of required equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Up to 34 paid days off each year
- 13 paid company holidays
- 12 paid vacation days (accrued monthly)
- 7 paid sick days (56 hours, accrued monthly)
- 2 community service days
- Three Medical plans to choose from with an option to participate in a health screening to earn substantial wellness incentives
- Basic PPO Plan
- Premium PPO Plan
- High Deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) Plan with a company contribution
- New hire benefits coverage begins within a month of your start date: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick Time
- Benefits are available to you, your spouse/domestic partner and your children
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and vesting
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from market value
- Fitness and nutrition reimbursements
- Adoption, fertility and surrogacy assistance
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave (4 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid)
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.