What you'll do...
Provides evidence-based vision care to ensure patient's health and well-being by recommending and prescribing medications and other treatment options (for example, red eye, LASIK surgery, cataract surgery) using evidence-based care guidelines; delivering routine vision care; educating patients and store associates on eye health, including contact lens care, disease state management, and safety factors; recommending appropriate patient follow-up; consulting with other health professionals to prepare and coordinate patient care plans in accordance with optometry scope of practice per state board; providing patients with appropriate referrals, as needed, to ophthalmologists and other healthcare professionals; and following up with patient and other health professionals regarding any outstanding diagnostics, tests, or other patient information as needed.Evaluates patients' health condition across and within the full vision center scope of service (for example, visual acuity, visual function and eye health, keratometry, refraction) to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment by reviewing complete patient medical history information and performing comprehensive eye examinations; examining eyes utilizing observation, instruments, and pharmaceutical agents to determine visual acuity and perception, focus, and coordination, as well as identify signs of vision defects (for example, injury, disease, abnormality); prescribing, fitting, and adjusting eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids; suggesting, ordering, interpreting, and assessing diagnostic tests (for example, glaucoma testing, macular degeneration, Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)); providing additional vision treatment (for example, foreign body removal) as necessary; developing treatment plans based on patients' clinical presentation using evidence-based care guidelines aRepresents the company in vision care and patient engagement by delivering exceptional customer service through all patient interactions; maintaining and updating patient information in vision center systems (for example, BOSS) in a timely, accurate, and confidential manner; assisting vision center staff (for example, opticians) on best practices and procedures; ensuring adherence to state, local, and federal healthcare regulations and Walmart vision center guidelines; performing administrative and retail tasks for the vision center as necessary (for example, financial transactions, patient registration, retail transactions); and working with internal stakeholders (for example, pharmacist, clinics, store management) and external stakeholders (for example, external health care professionals) to ensure overall coordinated and integrated patient care experience and high quality customer service. Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning. Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Live our Values
* Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
* Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
* Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
* Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart's business model.
Deliver for the Customer
* Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
* Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
* Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
* Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
* Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Doctoral degree in Optometry (OD) from accredited optometry school. Licensed optometrist in good standing in state of practice.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
4400 BRYANT IRVIN RD, FORT WORTH, TX 76132-1064, United States of America
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!