This job has expired.
The Resource Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse in the Operating Room. She is a patient care provider and is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation of perioperative nursing care. The RN administers nursing care within the scope of hospital policies and procedures, Massachusetts state regulations and AORN Standards and Recommended Practices for Perioperative Nursing. The RN collaborates/cooperates with
nursing staff and other hospital and health care personnel to promote health, to the optimal level of wellness for patients, families and the community.
In addition to his/her Registered Professional Nurse responsibilities, the Resource Nurse for Specialty Service(s) will be a clinical expert resource, responsible for orientation and education of staff members to all phases of the specialty area including patient procedures and use and maintenance of all special equipment, also they will coordinate and participate in total intraoperative care for patients within surgical specialty. He/she also is responsible for coordinating equipment/ instrumentation/supply needs of the surgical specialty through collaborative efforts with other members of the
health care team (i.e. Clinical Care Manager, Scheduling, Anesthesia, Surgeons, Purchasing Department, CSR, etc.).
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
3. Evidence of continued education and professional development.
4. Must have demonstrated clinical competency in appropriate nursing practice. Evidence of this should include:
- effective communication
- the ability to problem solve
- the ability to get along well with others
- strong knowledge base for specialty service
- nursing practice experience in the appropriate clinical setting
- strong knowledge of the theory base supporting the practice of nursing
5. Professional in appearance.
6. Satisfactory references.
7. Previous OR nursing experience required.
8. Must be able to take assignment of "on-call", specified nights and weekends.
9. CPR training required.
10. Knowledge of the special needs and behaviors of infant, child, adolescent, adult and older adult patients preferred.
Newton-Wellesley Hospital will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, veteran or active military status, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago