GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
DAY KITCHEN PORTER
Ascending to 14,410 feet above sea level, Mt. Rainier is an iconic point in the Washington landscape. Our associates gain valuable experience here while meeting guests and coworkers from around the world, and in their free time they have a magical world of pristine mountain meadows, majestic waterfalls, peaceful old-growth forests, and much more to explore! Throughout the season we have regularly scheduled activities and day trips with transportation provided for associates, including trips to nearby adventures or cities like Seattle to visit Pike Place or catch a Mariners game! Employees with vehicles are only a short 2 hour trip away from exploring many destinations like Portland and Seattle on their own.
Because of our unique location, room and board are provided to associates who do not live in one of our surrounding communities at a very low-cost via payroll deduction. Laundry facilities are provided at each dorm unit at no cost to employees. Employee meals are served in Employee Dining Rooms. We can also accommodate a limited number of RV units. All RV's must be fully self-contained - no camper shells/vans, etc.
Do you naturally reach out to help others, including guests and co-workers? Are you excited by the opportunity to live in a remote and beautiful location? Are you willing and able to work hard? If so, we want to hear from you!
Maintaincleanliness of all kitchen areas including floors, prep areas, garbage cans,and walk-in coolers. Assist culinarystaff by delivering food orders and supplies as requested. Assist kitchen utility and other restaurantstaff as needed.
Physical and MentalRequirements
- Clean kitchen area throughout the day, including sweeping and mopping
- Record temperatures of all refrigeration equipment and report problems as needed to kitchen management
- Deliver food orders and cooking supplies as requested
- Empty, clean, and refill all sanitizing buckets according to company procedure
- Assist chefs, line cooks, and kitchen utility staff as necessary
- Keep all trash cans double-lined and in sanitary condition
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL ANDKNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Strong sanitation habits
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and report it to management
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for extended periods in a wet environment and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial automatic dishwashing equipment.
- Cleaning Supplies (including detergents, chemicals, mops, brooms, scourers, hand towels, etc.).
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.