The Patient Care Associate (PCA) is responsible for performing a variety of direct and non-direct patient care duties, including routine patient care duties as well as clerical, supply, and messenger responsibilities. The PCA performs other patient care related duties and unit duties as needed, and may function as a patient care observer to monitor for patient safety in situations where 1:1 observations are required.
Telemetry/Critical Care Unit Specific: Responsible for successfully completing arrhythmia course and maintaining competency in telemetry monitoring.
This position is part of the 1199SEIU Bargaining Unit at Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
This position reports to the Nurse Manager and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Current CPR certification required
- Ability to perform routine patient care activities under the direction of licensed nursing personnel requiring technical or on the job training required
- Nursing Assistant certification, Medical Assistant certification, or a nursing student who is actively enrolled into a nursing program with a minimum of 6 months student clinical experience required. Patient Care Associates hired prior to April 16, 2013 are grandfathered into their current position without being required to have a nursing or medical assistant certification.
- Six (6) months to one (1) year nursing assistant experience required
- One (1) to three (3) years secretarial experience preferred
- Health care experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task and handle stress crisis situations effectively required
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology required
- Demonstrated typing skills and computer experience required
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills required
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.
This job has expired.