Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of multi-state payroll for WNET and its affiliate companies, consisting of a 450+ employee bi-weekly staff payroll and weekly payroll for freelance/union workers, utilizing Workday Payroll. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for data input, payroll calculations, record-keeping, administration of union deductions and garnishments, as well as the preparation/distribution of various payroll reports. Specific responsibilities include:
• Perform daily payroll functions including timesheet data entry;
• Perform variance analysis to confirm accuracy of payroll entries prior to transmission;
• Manage payroll benefit deductions required by various labor contracts;
• Create reports for union payments and garnishments, submitting timely payments to AP;
• Collect and manage online timekeeping information, confirming all required authorizations;
• Process on-demand payments; Assist in payroll audits;
• Investigate and resolve payroll posting discrepancies and enter correcting journal entries
• Ensure all supporting payroll documents are properly scanned and archived;
• Interface with various individuals, departments and agencies to answer questions, resolve issues, provide required reports, obtain and distribute information related to payroll;
• Test payroll processes for semi-annual Workday updates and Open Enrollment periods;
• Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualified candidates will need the ability to organize workload, work independently, and consistently meet time-sensitive deadlines. Candidates will need the ability to communicate clearly, work in a team-oriented environment and deal sensitively with confidential material. Additional qualifications include:
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in payroll; an Associates degree in Accounting/Finance;
• Working knowledge of payroll best practices and government regulations;
• Experience with payroll systems (Workday Payroll preferred);
• Knowledge of wage withholding orders and garnishments;
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite including proficiency in Excel.
The WNET Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.