Job Description and Responsibilities
Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate “smart” solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.
Pennoni Associates is currently seeking a Petrographer – Materials Engineer/Scientist with experience consistent with, but not limited to:
- Prepare concrete samples for microscopic analysis using thin sections.
- Assemble, calibrate and maintain various types of equipment and instruments used to perform laboratory examinations on aggregate and concrete materials through petrographic examination.
- Maintain organized records of data and tests performed, including general observations and/or unusual conditions encountered.
- Write comprehensive reports conveying the results of the testing and the significance of the findings.
- Collaborate with in-house engineering to develop repair/remediation procedures based on analysis of samples and findings.
- Consult with clients. Conduct materials investigations and forensic analysis.
- College-level courses in Petrography, Mineralogy, and Optical Mineralogy or 5 years of documented equivalent experience
- Experience in the application to evaluations of concrete-making materials and concrete products in which they are used in cementitious-based materials.
- Proficient in written and verbal English communication.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of petrographic / mineralogy laboratory testing procedures and guidelines, including well-defined analytical approaches and methods, as well as the interpretation of results.
- Ability to read and follow testing procedures described in various agency documents (i.e. ASTM, AASHTO, ACI, and state DOT specifications).
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team.
Why Work With Us? At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
- Able to operate necessary equipment to prepare test samples. Ability to present data, analysis, and results.
- A licensed professional Geologist or Engineer is a plus, but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.