In the raw materials testing laboratory, scientists test the materials that are used in manufacturing drug products. These include the inert components and the active compounds used in the making of a final drug product. The group tests the materials according to various compendia, depending on where the final drug product is expected to be sold or by the client's specific method, all under cGMP compliance.
Members of the Finished Product Testinggroup test finished products such as tablets, capsules, suspensions, and gels (to name a few), to verify that they conform to the specifications before release to market. The group also performs assay for active ingredients to ensure that the potency of the product conforms to the label claim (i.e., 50-mg tablet).
This area also performs stability testing on finished products to help evaluate the expiration date by studying deterioration under various temperature and humidity conditions over time.
QualificationsThe Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Perform physical, chemical, and instrumental analysis of active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished pharmaceutical products (tablets, capsules, parenterals, devices, aerosols, liquids, creams, and gels)
- Run the instrumentation independently including, but not limited to, various chromatographic systems, Karl Fischer (Coulometric and Volumetric), UV/Spec, various wet chemistry analyses, HPLC, IC, IR, ICP, AA, TGP, DSC, PDA, auto-titrators, TLC, and dissolution apparatus
- Preparing samples for analysis and running some instrumentation with minimum supervision
- Set up and validate new analytical or related processes used by the department
- Prepare standards and samples for analysis
- Execute method transfer protocols
- Document work as required for GMP compliance
- Perform monthly maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or other related degree concentration, orequivalent directly-related experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday, with openings on first, second, and third shift. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, PAare encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays