At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As a Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist - US BioPharma Primary Care in Lakeland, FL, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. The enterprise-wide AstraZeneca US BioPharma Primary Care Team plays a fundamental role to ensuring a holistic view of patient care and customer engagement within our Cardiovascular Metabolic Disease (CVMD) and Respiratory therapeutic areas. AstraZeneca's strategy in CVMD focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across CV disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods. AstraZeneca also holds a unique position in Respiratory disease, including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), with a range of differentiated potential medicines in development by leveraging novel combinations, biologics and devices. The pipeline also has a number of promising assets in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases within areas such as psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, systemic lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- You will function independently with a high degree of sales proficiency to drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- You will successfully complete training requirements, including product examinations.
- By developing and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to your assigned sales territory.
- You will be able to work with your Regional Sales Director and District Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in your territory.
- You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plans by using a wide variety of promotional, personnel resources and analytical tools to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- You will provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
- Work with other Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts.
- Bachelor's degree
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Desired Requirements
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical; preferably within Respiratory and/or Cardiovascular Metabolic Disease therapeutic areas
- Prior sales experience
- Demonstrated effective organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership, organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results oriented with demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
No company relocation assistance providedNext Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.