By joining our team, you'll be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You'll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are championed through words and actions. You'll contribute to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and compassion. You'll play a role in something that's never been done before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes - as we Advance Human Ability, together.
Job Description Summary
The Physical Therapist will assist patients in reaching maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities. Treats a variety patients with a disability using standard physical therapy therapeutic interventions such as heat, cold, electricity, traction, ultrasound and exercise. Evaluates patient motor and neurological capabilities and adapts physical therapy program as appropriate.
The Physical Therapist will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Physical Therapist will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Physical Therapist will:
- Evaluate patient's physical and functional status including muscular strength, motor functions, reflexes, ambulation skills and ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Observe and interviews patient, reviews medical history, and administers sensory tests, muscle tests, range-of-motion exams, and other evaluation techniques.
- Establish therapy goals, and formulates a treatment plan including exercise, modalities, balance activities, and gait training.
- Discuss evaluation, goals, and treatment with patient and family and instructs them on the exercise program and in use of equipment.
- Participate in patient discharge planning including developing an in-home program when appropriate.
- Document patient evaluation and progress, maintaining records for physicians and insurance carriers.
- Determine and order appropriate devices necessary to assist patients in performing physical activities such as wheelchairs, canes, crutches and prosthetic and orthopedic devices.
- May participate in the Department education program by teaching and supervising students.
- Participate in research projects as needed.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology and physical therapy treatments and modalities at a level normally acquired through completion of Doctoral degree from an accredited school of physical therapy.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Illinois.
- Current CPR certification required. Understanding of the growth and development of infant, child, adolescent and geriatric patients.
- Ability to interpret growth and development related information to assure patient needs are met.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with physicians, patients and families in providing therapy and exchanging patient progress information.
- Analytical ability to determine priorities, provide input regarding the development of departmental policies, procedures and budgets, and assess new programs and recommend changes.
- Ability to lift 20 to 50 pounds occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds frequently to transfer and position patients.
- Reports directly to assigned Clinical Manager, Therapy Manager-Innovation Center, Therapy Manager-AbilityLab.
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature. Some exposure to infectious diseases when working with patients. May include exposure to community, home, work, school and off-site clinic settings. May include regular Saturday and Sunday schedule as well as holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Equal Employment Opportunity
ShirleyRyan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.