At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
The Plant Engineer in Franklin WI is a key operations stakeholder for a new 340,000 square foot conversion facility that is slated to open in 2023 and will play an integral part of Saputo's strategy to optimize its cheese network in North America. Saputo has a strong history in Wisconsin and are proud to be expanding our footprint in this area.
In this role, you will ensure the delivery of engineering services to the plant. This position provides leadership and direction in assessing, determining, and executing facility capital expenditures and maintenance enhancement needs with significant focus on improving productivity and minimizing labor & overhead costs, as well as minimizing packaging waste while assuring highest levels of safety, quality, sanitation, and regulatory compliance.
How you will make contributions that matter...
You are best suited for the role if you...
- Ensures mechanical and electrical expertise is available to production and other departments to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings, and grounds in a 24-hour 7-day per week operation.
- Collaborates with plant management and company-wide teams to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Develop capital project annual plan in concert with Plant Manager and Engineering team. Actively manage capital project budget and reporting.
- Designs, specifies, and commissions capital projects which deliver project scope, on-time and on-budget, meeting agreed to stakeholder expectations.
- Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical, electrical and facility systems design and operation.
- Ensures company policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as ensure contractor and vendor compliance.
- Promotes a safe and environmentally sound workplace that complies with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Active and pro-active communication, both written and verbal with City, State, Federal officials and regulators.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
- Ensures compliance with all Saputo policies, procedures and suppliers.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We support and care for our employees by providing them with...
- have a bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline and a minimum of 2 years of project management experience. Having a Professional Engineer (PE) License is preferred.
- have familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices and OSHA regulations.
- have experience managing capital projects and budget plan.
- understand how to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- can follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- can adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- can handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- are highly organized with an ability to prioritize and pay attention to the details
- are a team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines
- are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Auto CAD.
- development opportunities that enhance their career fulfillment.
- meaningful compensation & benefits that help them care for their families.
- opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.